KARACHI: S.M. Tariq Huda, Collector, Model Customs Collectorate (Preventive) has said that the theme for â€œInternational Customs Dayâ€ by the World Customs Organization (WCO) â€œCommunication: sharing information for better cooperationâ€, could not have come at a better time.
As the role of Customs evolves from a revenue generating agency to one that plays an imperative role in safe guarding the economic interests of our country against all agents that might bring harm to it, it is now more vital than ever that the gates of communication be open. In todays technologically advance world, where easy access to communication has made many licit opportunities available, it has also made planning and execution of illicit activity very easy. As our world becomes increasingly interconnected, the phenomenon of trans-national crime is become increasingly common. Therefore, it is imperative that an infrastructure is developed where interagency communication within countries and between international agencies and countries can take place seamlessly to efficiently block illicit activity.
Customs organizations over the world are the first line of defense which can block substances deemed harmful to a countryâ€™s well being when they enter its borders. Therefore, Customs serves as a critical link between the international community and the local law enforcement, and increased interagency cooperation for data sharing both nationally and internationally. Customs can only play this role effectively if real time data and communication is made available. It is because of these reasons that highlighting the need for sharing information as means of better cooperation by the WCO are very fitting for the International Customs Day, as it serves to bring to the forefront the biggest hurdle Customs faces today.
World Customs Day: MCC Preventive Collector’s message
Bookmark the permalink.
- CountPlus finalises terms to acquire Accurium for $9mn 19-Oct-2021SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: CountPlus Limited, Australia’s leading network of professional accounting and advice firms, has finalised terms to acquire Accurium Pty... Continue reading The post CountPlus finalises terms to acquire Accurium for $9mn appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- BlackEarth Minerals partners Metachem to capture Europe’s demand 19-Oct-2021SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: BlackEarth Minerals has executed a Joint Venture (JV) agreement with India based Metachem Manufacturing Company to supply a... Continue reading The post BlackEarth Minerals partners Metachem to capture Europe’s demand appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Handelsbanken exiting from Denmark and Finland 19-Oct-2021OSLO, NORWAY: Handelsbanken has initiated the process to divest its operations in Denmark and Finland, markets that account for 10%... Continue reading The post Handelsbanken exiting from Denmark and Finland appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- i2S renforce sa capacité d’innovation dans la Vision intégrée 19-Oct-2021i2S, spécialiste de la capture et du traitement d’images depuis plus de 40 ans, annonce l’acquisition de la société d’imagerie... Continue reading The post i2S renforce sa capacité d’innovation dans la Vision intégrée appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Hochschild Mining to spin out Aclara Resources, IPO on TSX 19-Oct-2021ONTARIO, TORONTO: Hochschild Mining PLC announced its intention to demerge shares representing 80% of the entire issued share capital of... Continue reading The post Hochschild Mining to spin out Aclara Resources, IPO on TSX appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- CountPlus finalises terms to acquire Accurium for $9mn 19-Oct-2021
- Federal Tax Ombudsman Dr. Asif Mahmood Jah dispatches 16 trucks of relief goods to Afghanistan 19-Oct-2021
- I&I Quetta seizes smuggled goods worth Rs80 million 19-Oct-2021
- Transfer and posting of BS-16 officers of Pakistan Customs 19-Oct-2021
- ITMinds Limited signs an agreement with Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) for Back Office Services for PPL’s Retirement Funds 18-Oct-2021
- PTCL Group cements its market standing: Increase of 7% Revenue &136% in Profit 18-Oct-2021