KARACHI: Dr. Muhammad Zubair, Chief, International Customs has said that the Customs fraternity around the globe is celebrating International Customs Day on 26th January, 2014to promote communication under the slogan â€œCommunication: sharing information for better practicesâ€.
The purpose would be to enhance the communication and information sharing practices among the concerned government departments / agencies, the trade community and public.
The role of Customs department has been evolved in the last decade from mere revenue collection to front line agency for safety of global supply chain and combating transnational crimes like money laundering, terrorism, drugs & human trafficking, etc. This necessitates cooperation of various government department/agencies, trade community including public to exchange information with Customs Department for effective enforcement and risk management to ward-off potential threats to the economy and country.
The advancement in Information Technology has paved the way for exchange of data/information between stakeholders and creation of effective communication system and network to share and transmit information. Pakistan Customs has also developed a web-based cargo clearance automated system (WEBOC) that provides an effective platform for establishing, connectivity and linkages for exchange of information between concerned government departments/agencies and business community.
Further, to promote the exchanging of information between Customs and agencies working on border exit stations, numbers of MoUs are under consideration to develop an effective and integrated border management solution for expeditious and risk-free clearances of transit cargo. Moreover, a public outreach program is also underway whereby all field formations of Pakistan Customs would organize meetings with trade community to enhance cooperation through exchange of information and ideas for the betterment and facilitation of trade.
Pakistan Customs is mindful of the fast changing trade dynamics and keeps on enhancing capacity of its human recourse to address the confronted challenges in effective manner.
World Customs Day: Chief International Customs message
Bookmark the permalink.
- CountPlus finalises terms to acquire Accurium for $9mn 19-Oct-2021SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: CountPlus Limited, Australia’s leading network of professional accounting and advice firms, has finalised terms to acquire Accurium Pty... Continue reading The post CountPlus finalises terms to acquire Accurium for $9mn appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- BlackEarth Minerals partners Metachem to capture Europe’s demand 19-Oct-2021SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: BlackEarth Minerals has executed a Joint Venture (JV) agreement with India based Metachem Manufacturing Company to supply a... Continue reading The post BlackEarth Minerals partners Metachem to capture Europe’s demand appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Handelsbanken exiting from Denmark and Finland 19-Oct-2021OSLO, NORWAY: Handelsbanken has initiated the process to divest its operations in Denmark and Finland, markets that account for 10%... Continue reading The post Handelsbanken exiting from Denmark and Finland appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- i2S renforce sa capacité d’innovation dans la Vision intégrée 19-Oct-2021i2S, spécialiste de la capture et du traitement d’images depuis plus de 40 ans, annonce l’acquisition de la société d’imagerie... Continue reading The post i2S renforce sa capacité d’innovation dans la Vision intégrée appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Hochschild Mining to spin out Aclara Resources, IPO on TSX 19-Oct-2021ONTARIO, TORONTO: Hochschild Mining PLC announced its intention to demerge shares representing 80% of the entire issued share capital of... Continue reading The post Hochschild Mining to spin out Aclara Resources, IPO on TSX appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- CountPlus finalises terms to acquire Accurium for $9mn 19-Oct-2021
- Federal Tax Ombudsman Dr. Asif Mahmood Jah dispatches 16 trucks of relief goods to Afghanistan 19-Oct-2021
- I&I Quetta seizes smuggled goods worth Rs80 million 19-Oct-2021
- Transfer and posting of BS-16 officers of Pakistan Customs 19-Oct-2021
- ITMinds Limited signs an agreement with Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) for Back Office Services for PPL’s Retirement Funds 18-Oct-2021
- PTCL Group cements its market standing: Increase of 7% Revenue &136% in Profit 18-Oct-2021