KARACHI: Nisar Muhammad Khan, Member Customs, has said World Customs community is celebrating International Customs Day on 26th January, 2014. Customs play a pivotal role in economic development through efficient targeted controls and the facilitation of legitimate trade.
In the prevailing scenario, securing global trade requires international cooperation and coordination amongst governments and trade bodies, as well as with other members of WCO. It compels in sharing and improving knowledge within the customs community and this yearâ€™s theme of â€œCommunication: sharing information for better cooperationâ€ underscores the importance of collaboration and communication. In addition to the traditional tasks, Customs has new responsibilities which cannot be addressed without necessary skill set, knowledge and connectivity.
It is essential to broaden the horizons, enhance the competence and improve the efficiency of Customs administration through better performance, transparency and development of new techniques and systems. I congratulate Pakistan Customs on the introduction and successful country-wide roll-out of indigenously developed new software WEBOC (Web Based One Customs) for automated clearance. The department is focused on the path of modernization and has implemented state of the art systems employing sophisticated equipment at border stations, airports and seaports in collaboration with international Development Partners like UNODC, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, USAID, JICA, DFID, GIZ, IFC, etc.
I take the opportunity to state that, in an era of declining resources and increasing volumes of trade and travel effective risk management is a necessity for Customs. It is almost impossible for Customs to physically check every consignment and passenger. Risk management is something that needs to be implemented across the organization, which requires complete information about all incoming and outgoing cargo. An efficient and robust â€œRisk Management Systemâ€ would certainly enable Customs to better achieve the balance between facilitation and control by focusing & targeting only â€œHigh risk goods and passengersâ€.
I also would like to congratulate all officers and officials of Pakistan Customs on this special day of global importance and hope that the department will continue its commitment in achieving revenue targets, facilitating trade and passenger traffic, besides demonstrating efficiency to counter trafficking of drugs and smuggling of contrabands. We have to improvise in all fields to contribute positively in the domestic economic growth and consolidation of international trade relations in consonance with the WCOâ€™s 2014 slogan of connectivity.
World Customs Day: Member Customs message
Bookmark the permalink.
- CountPlus finalises terms to acquire Accurium for $9mn 19-Oct-2021SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: CountPlus Limited, Australia’s leading network of professional accounting and advice firms, has finalised terms to acquire Accurium Pty... Continue reading The post CountPlus finalises terms to acquire Accurium for $9mn appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- BlackEarth Minerals partners Metachem to capture Europe’s demand 19-Oct-2021SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: BlackEarth Minerals has executed a Joint Venture (JV) agreement with India based Metachem Manufacturing Company to supply a... Continue reading The post BlackEarth Minerals partners Metachem to capture Europe’s demand appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Handelsbanken exiting from Denmark and Finland 19-Oct-2021OSLO, NORWAY: Handelsbanken has initiated the process to divest its operations in Denmark and Finland, markets that account for 10%... Continue reading The post Handelsbanken exiting from Denmark and Finland appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- i2S renforce sa capacité d’innovation dans la Vision intégrée 19-Oct-2021i2S, spécialiste de la capture et du traitement d’images depuis plus de 40 ans, annonce l’acquisition de la société d’imagerie... Continue reading The post i2S renforce sa capacité d’innovation dans la Vision intégrée appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Hochschild Mining to spin out Aclara Resources, IPO on TSX 19-Oct-2021ONTARIO, TORONTO: Hochschild Mining PLC announced its intention to demerge shares representing 80% of the entire issued share capital of... Continue reading The post Hochschild Mining to spin out Aclara Resources, IPO on TSX appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- CountPlus finalises terms to acquire Accurium for $9mn 19-Oct-2021
- Federal Tax Ombudsman Dr. Asif Mahmood Jah dispatches 16 trucks of relief goods to Afghanistan 19-Oct-2021
- I&I Quetta seizes smuggled goods worth Rs80 million 19-Oct-2021
- Transfer and posting of BS-16 officers of Pakistan Customs 19-Oct-2021
- ITMinds Limited signs an agreement with Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) for Back Office Services for PPL’s Retirement Funds 18-Oct-2021
- PTCL Group cements its market standing: Increase of 7% Revenue &136% in Profit 18-Oct-2021