KARACHI: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) is facing an uphill task for collecting above Rs238 billion per month till June 2014 for achieving revenue collection target of Rs2475 billion during the current fiscal year.
As per latest figures released by the FBR, the total collection till November 30 since start of current fiscal year is Rs806 billion or 32 percent of the total target. It makes remaining 68 percent has to be collected in remaining December â€“ June 2013/2014.
The FBR was assigned Rs2475 billion target considering bad economic situation but despite efforts the revenue body unable to bring visible changes in the revenue collection. Since July 2013 massive administration changes had been brought in but it helped in curtailing corruption and leakage of revenue in terms of evasion.
However, revenue collection efforts remained below performance. The monthly average is gradually creeping up. At the time of fixing the target the monthly average collection was Rs206 billion, which is no Rs238 billion.
FBR officials said that as the government had announced to launch an amnesty for industrial set up the revenue collection efforts further affected.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Revenue Division constitutes Steering Committee for restructuring of FBR 15-Nov-2019
- Customs Quetta comes hard on smuggling 15-Nov-2019
- Transit cargo replacement: Director of M/s E-Movers arrested 15-Nov-2019
- SHC to see whether its orders complied or else Petition by fabric importers 15-Nov-2019
- SHC orders provisional release of Pajero jeep 15-Nov-2019
- Adamas completes share sale and purchase agreement with Infinity Capital Group 15-Nov-2019
- Customs Intelligence Quetta seizes 89,000 liters of smuggled diesel 15-Nov-2019
- Middle Island seeks 10 exploration licenses in the northern territory 15-Nov-2019
- Hydrix signs $5 million loan facility with Pure Asset Management 15-Nov-2019
- Tokai Tokyo to invest $5.0 million in Singapore’s STO exchange operator ICHX 14-Nov-2019