KARACHI: Collector Quetta Ashraf Ali has planned a strategy to launch a grand crackdown against smuggling. ASO has been activated and the mobile squad is advised to be vigilance and strengthen the intelligence network.
A meeting was held last week and he advised the staff not to ignore even the pushcarts and sacks on these carts. It may be mentioned here that certain labours carry sacks of dry fruits from Afghanistan for a wage. Authorities usually ignore them. But, Ashraf Ali has advised the staff to check them because they might be carrying contrabands.
ASO Quetta has broadened the ambit of its operations and resultantly seized a truck at Baleli Check Post during the routing checking and recovered foreign origin cloth and illicit Indian medicines which were hidden under sand.
Initiatives such as routine check up not only aim to protect the public from potentially harmful goods, they also help to dismantle illegal networks of smugglers who are trying to break country’s backbone, said Customs Collector Ashraf Ali.
FBR encourages and supports the efforts of Anti Smuggling wings of Customs in fighting organized crime through initiatives such as snap checking though mobile squads,” said the Head of the Model Custom Collector Quetta. He also appreciated the role of Additional Collector Zubair Shah and Deputy Collector Preventive Maqbool Baloch and other staff.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Minister agrees to abolish WHT on cash withdrawal by filers 18-Jan-2019
- Fitch says unconventional funding may lead to ‘larger economic distortions’ 18-Jan-2019
- Pakistan’s current account deficit widens to $1.66 billion in December 18-Jan-2019
- SHC orders provisional release of Toyota car 18-Jan-2019
- South Korea agrees to increase human resource import from Pakistan 17-Jan-2019
- Renewable energy share to be increased to 30pc till 2030: Omar 17-Jan-2019
- Pakistan regulator reviews 50 MW PV proposal, armed forces seek 26 MW 17-Jan-2019
- German Ambassador calls on Asad Umar 17-Jan-2019
- Minnesota based Cargill announced $200 million investment in Pakistan’s agriculture 17-Jan-2019
- KCCI, Jeddah Chamber agree to further trade and economic relations 17-Jan-2019