KARACHI: Collector Quetta Ashraf Ali has planned a strategy to launch a grand crackdown against smuggling. ASO has been activated and the mobile squad is advised to be vigilance and strengthen the intelligence network.
A meeting was held last week and he advised the staff not to ignore even the pushcarts and sacks on these carts. It may be mentioned here that certain labours carry sacks of dry fruits from Afghanistan for a wage. Authorities usually ignore them. But, Ashraf Ali has advised the staff to check them because they might be carrying contrabands.
ASO Quetta has broadened the ambit of its operations and resultantly seized a truck at Baleli Check Post during the routing checking and recovered foreign origin cloth and illicit Indian medicines which were hidden under sand.
Initiatives such as routine check up not only aim to protect the public from potentially harmful goods, they also help to dismantle illegal networks of smugglers who are trying to break country’s backbone, said Customs Collector Ashraf Ali.
FBR encourages and supports the efforts of Anti Smuggling wings of Customs in fighting organized crime through initiatives such as snap checking though mobile squads,” said the Head of the Model Custom Collector Quetta. He also appreciated the role of Additional Collector Zubair Shah and Deputy Collector Preventive Maqbool Baloch and other staff.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- 59 WTO partners step up commitments to help service suppliers 24-May-2019
- EU, Japan and US met in Paris 24-May-2019
- Next national development outlay to be Rs1.837 trillion with provincial contribution of Rs912 billion 24-May-2019
- Federal budget to be presented on June 11, 2019 24-May-2019
- France provides Euro 94.01 million loan extension for water resources project 24-May-2019
- Pakistan government decides to end subsidy for zero-rated industry 24-May-2019
- Recovery of smuggled dry fruits from Aziz Cold Storage; FIR lodged against accused 23-May-2019
- China’s tax collecting authority offers to help FBR 23-May-2019
- Foreign currency buying selling rates 23-May-2019
- Pakistan’s electricity generation surges 9.0 percent in April 2019 23-May-2019