KARACHI: With the approval of Collector MCC Appraisement East Ashhad Jawwad, the Customs Classification Committee has decided that ‘poultry by-product meal’ is appropriately classifiable under HS Code 2309.2090.
MCC Port Muhammad Bin Qasim, Karachi, forwarded a reference for the classification of ‘Poultry By-Product Meal’, imported by M/s U.M Enterprises declared under PCT heading 0505.9000.
The Collectorate is of the view that goods are ‘offal meal’ classifiable under PCT Heading 2301.1000 on the basis of the lab test report, wherein, the sample is found to be preparation based on poultry bi-product of slaughter in association with animal oil and fatty materials which is in the form of brown color heterogeneous fibrous mixture.
The importer disagreed with the proposed classification under PCT Heading 2301.1000 on the grounds that the ingredients of the imported meal contain 63- 68 % chicken feathers and 32- 37 % of chicken heads, intestine and feet which product is appropriately classifiable under PCT Heading 0505.9000. The Classification Committee headed by Additional Collector Haris Ansari comprises Deputy Collectors Javaid Sarwer, Dr. Shehzad, Principal Appraiser Bahadur Khan, Saeed Soomro and Appraising Officers Safdar Mannan, Master Qazi.
The issue is to determine whether the imported poultry by-product meal is appropriately classified under HS Code 0505.9000 as claimed by the importer, or under HS Code 2301.1000 as proposed by the clearance collectorate or under any other relevant heading of the First Schedule to the Customs Act, 1969.
The Committee concluded that the goods have characteristics being used in poultry feed, through application of GRI, is appropriately classifiable under HS Code 2309.2090.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- S&P upgrades Norwegian oil and gas company Aker BP 11-Nov-2019
- Indus Motor to operate on 40 percent capacity till December 11-Nov-2019
- Business leaders condemn PM Imran Khan for calling everyone tax thieves 11-Nov-2019
- SHC stays recovery notice of 2 per cent ACD CONCESSION UNDER AUTOMOTIVE POLICY 11-Nov-2019
- EML Payments announces acquisition of PFS of Ireland 11-Nov-2019
- IDEX begins trading on the OTCQB Venture Market in United States 11-Nov-2019
- Rural Connectivity Group chooses Redflow for off-grid energy storage in New Zealand 11-Nov-2019
- Emaar records 25% increase in sales, 20% increase in profits 11-Nov-2019
- Agro Blockchain increases number of machines in production to 7,000 11-Nov-2019
- Abcam acquires Proteomics and Immunology business from Expedeon for €120 million 11-Nov-2019