KARACHI: Model Customs Collectorate (MCC) of Appraisement (West) has issued directives to all deputy and assistant collectors to facilitate the persons selected by the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) under through SRO 153(I)/2014 dated March 04, 2014 taxpayer privileges and honor card scheme.
The FBR issued instructions on August 12, 2014 to all the collectorates in the country to ensure the facilities are made available and readily extended to the persons who were in the list.
The SRO 153 effective from March 01, 2014 states: “In addition to allowances allowed under rule 3A, the duty free allowances of the aggregate value of five thousand US dollars shall be admissible to a Pakistani national holding Taxpayer Privileges and Honor Card (TPHC) once in a calendar year. The duty free allowances can also be utilized for the unaccompanied baggage, including items mentioned at serial number (viii) in rule 3B or any purchase from one of the duty free shops. However, the duty free allowance under this rule shall not be utilized for import of vehicles. Record of utilization of duty free allowance shall be maintained electronically.”
The prime minister had announced on November 28, 2013, a taxpayer’s privilege and honor card scheme to honor top taxpayers with special rewards and incentives in acknowledgement of their contribution to national economic. Under the scheme, top hundred taxpayers in each of the four categories of salaried individuals, non-salaried individuals, association of persons (AOP) and companies were to be issued the honor and privilege cards.
In a ceremony held on July 15, 2014, the prime minister of Pakistan fulfilled his pledge by issued the taxpayers card to the top taxpayers.
The holder of tax privilege card included:
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Real Estate Investors acquire properties for £7.45 million 18-Nov-2019
- FutureGov wins UK IT Award for best public sector IT project 18-Nov-2019
- Sage Group to sale Sage Pay for £232 million 18-Nov-2019
- Touchstone announces Coho-1 gas test of 17.5 mmcfd 18-Nov-2019
- CSV Bourbon Oceanteam 101 extends charter contract in Angola 18-Nov-2019
- Shearwater GeoServices awarded largest-ever 4D campaign in the Asia Pacific 18-Nov-2019
- PM approves establishment of national, provincial and divisional level Crossing Point Task Forces 17-Nov-2019
- ASO Preventive recovers smuggled Gutka worth Rs12.075 million 17-Nov-2019
- Bahrain Bourse lists BD 185 million Government Development Bond 17-Nov-2019
- ADX issues paper to facilitate develop platforms in the Crypto Asset space 17-Nov-2019