KARACHI: Muhammad Ishaq Dar, Federal Finance Miniter said that each year on the 26th of January, Customs Administrations around the globe celebrate the International Customs Day. The day is celebrated under the aegis of World Customs Organization (WCO), which has 177 members worldwide. The WCO Secretariat in Brussels has announced this yearâ€™s International Customs Day theme as â€œCommunication: sharing information for better cooperationâ€.
In its efforts to help Customs officers understand the changed environment in which Customs now operates, Federal Board of Revenue has made remarkable achievements. Establishment of new Customs stations on countryâ€™s borders, reorganization and up-gradation of existing facilities entail the commitment of Pakistan Customs & FBR with this yearâ€™s theme of International Customs Day.
Today, Customs is facing new challenges, which have increased their responsibilities to ensure smooth flow of trade by applying necessary controls on one hand, while guaranteeing the protection, health and safety of the economy & community on the other. This dual role of Pakistan Customs demands that they must remain vigilant, vibrant and also endeavor to enhance co-operation with other Customs Administrations so as to make the best possible use of all the resources and instruments available, by demonstrating a higher level of integrity from decision making to law enforcement, being in the front line in the fight against trafficking of drugs & chemical precursors, fiscal frauds and smuggling of other contrabands.
Pakistan Customs is one of very few organizations who pioneered in designing and automating their clearance and audit systems. It is a known fact that increase in trade volumes cannot be handled without state of the art clearance system and the departmentâ€™s efforts in this regard must be appreciated. Introduction and up-gradation of automated environment coupled with exchange of information is indeed a remarkable achievement providing benefit to all stakeholders i.e. the Government, trade & industry; as well as the global community.
Even though considerable progress has been made, a great deal remains to be achieved in the field of trade facilitation, revenue generation, combating smuggling and fight against drug trafficking. I wish that Pakistan Customs meet all these challenges and congratulate all officers and officials on this auspicious International Customs Day.
World Customs Day: Finance Minister’s message
Bookmark the permalink.
- Edita Food Industries raises price points across flagship Molto range 25-Oct-2021CAIRO, EGYPT: Edita Food Industries, a leader in the Egyptian packaged snack food market, announced today that it has increased... Continue reading The post Edita Food Industries raises price points across flagship Molto range appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- BHM Capital appointed liquidity provider for Aram Group on ADX 25-Oct-2021DUBAI, UAE: BHM Capital Financial Services PSC one of the leading companies in the UAE financial markets, has been appointed... Continue reading The post BHM Capital appointed liquidity provider for Aram Group on ADX appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Bitcoin Latinum Taps GK8’s End-To-End Crypto Custody Solution To Secure Its Ecosystem 25-Oct-2021LONDON, UK: Bitcoin Latinum, the secure next-generation, insured, asset-backed cryptocurrency with high transaction processing capacity, is announcing a partnership with GK8,... Continue reading The post Bitcoin Latinum Taps GK8’s End-To-End Crypto Custody Solution To Secure Its Ecosystem appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Eurotunnel in partnership with TIP Trailer Services opens freight maintenance service 25-Oct-2021Eurotunnel ,TIP Trailer Services, freight maintenance service, Le Truck Village, Mobile workshops that can intervene in the secure truck park... Continue reading The post Eurotunnel in partnership with TIP Trailer Services opens freight maintenance service appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Rostelecom buys 50.01% in BFT Holding for RUB 1.65bn 25-Oct-2021MOSCOW, RUSSIA: Rostelecom PJSC, Russia’s national telecommunications operator, announced the acquisition of a 50.01% stake in BFT Holding, a leading... Continue reading The post Rostelecom buys 50.01% in BFT Holding for RUB 1.65bn appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Edita Food Industries raises price points across flagship Molto range 25-Oct-2021
- Orange Line Metro Train marks its 1st anniversary with a milestone of 20 million riders 25-Oct-2021
- Shan Foods charged of misdeclaration, penalized for Rupees 977,355 25-Oct-2021
- ONO PASSED AGAINST IMPORTER, CLEARING AGENT 23-Oct-2021
- Digital payments adoption continues its journey on upward trajectory in FY21 22-Oct-2021
- Transporting smuggled goods: Notice u/s 171 dispatched to TCS Express & Logistics 22-Oct-2021