KARACHI: Tariq Bajwa, Chairman, Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has said that Pakistan Customs, like all other Customs Administrations of the world, is celebrating International Customs day on 26th January, 2014. I extend my warm felicitations to all officers and officials of the department on this special day. The concepts of Customs operations are developed in accordance with the latest economic developments taking place around the world. Role of Customs is not restricted to collecting duty and taxes on goods and guarding sea and land frontiers, but also involves trade facilitation and economic development.
There is a need to cope with the changing developments in international trade; which warrants developing a well-planned strategy beginning with the development of a skilled human resource and modern cargo clearance system, besides a robust system of exchange of information, which is the most important element of establishing an effective enforcement and deterrence against cross-border movement of illegal goods and persons.
The theme chosen for this year is â€œCommunication: sharing information for better cooperationâ€, which is aimed at promoting connectivity between persons and institutions.
The rapid pace of globalization in recent years has reshaped international trade scenario and demands a constant communication, not only amongst jurisdictions, but also with the business community. The connectivity approach has prompted customs organizations around the globe to increase collaboration; and Pakistan is committed to this.
Tariff rationalization and a facilitative approach can prove a catalyst to kick start the stagnant economy. Our endeavor in Pakistan Customs is to achieve significant growth in both these critical areas. This would be Customs contribution to the economy. I wish that the department will continue to follow the path of modernization and trade facilitation and keeps on playing its role in the progress of the country.
World Customs Day: FBR Chairman’s message
Bookmark the permalink.
- Edita Food Industries raises price points across flagship Molto range 25-Oct-2021CAIRO, EGYPT: Edita Food Industries, a leader in the Egyptian packaged snack food market, announced today that it has increased... Continue reading The post Edita Food Industries raises price points across flagship Molto range appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- BHM Capital appointed liquidity provider for Aram Group on ADX 25-Oct-2021DUBAI, UAE: BHM Capital Financial Services PSC one of the leading companies in the UAE financial markets, has been appointed... Continue reading The post BHM Capital appointed liquidity provider for Aram Group on ADX appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Bitcoin Latinum Taps GK8’s End-To-End Crypto Custody Solution To Secure Its Ecosystem 25-Oct-2021LONDON, UK: Bitcoin Latinum, the secure next-generation, insured, asset-backed cryptocurrency with high transaction processing capacity, is announcing a partnership with GK8,... Continue reading The post Bitcoin Latinum Taps GK8’s End-To-End Crypto Custody Solution To Secure Its Ecosystem appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Eurotunnel in partnership with TIP Trailer Services opens freight maintenance service 25-Oct-2021Eurotunnel ,TIP Trailer Services, freight maintenance service, Le Truck Village, Mobile workshops that can intervene in the secure truck park... Continue reading The post Eurotunnel in partnership with TIP Trailer Services opens freight maintenance service appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Rostelecom buys 50.01% in BFT Holding for RUB 1.65bn 25-Oct-2021MOSCOW, RUSSIA: Rostelecom PJSC, Russia’s national telecommunications operator, announced the acquisition of a 50.01% stake in BFT Holding, a leading... Continue reading The post Rostelecom buys 50.01% in BFT Holding for RUB 1.65bn appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Edita Food Industries raises price points across flagship Molto range 25-Oct-2021
- Director IPRE South Naima Batool expedites anti-counterfeit drive 25-Oct-2021
- Customs Gwadar seizes 435kg charas 25-Oct-2021
- MCC Hyderabad seizes large quantity of contraband goods 25-Oct-2021
- Orange Line Metro Train marks its 1st anniversary with a milestone of 20 million riders 25-Oct-2021
- Shan Foods charged of misdeclaration, penalized for Rupees 977,355 25-Oct-2021