KARACHI: Model Customs Collectorate (MCC) Exports has seized goods worth Rs12.6 million while intercepting a consignment of five containers that was presented for clearance on fake export documents.
The collectorate on Monday said that it received credible information that some unscrupulous exporters are trying to export against fake export documents and on receipt of the said information a team of Export Intelligence Branch mounted vigilance on outgoing suspected consignments and intercepted five containers being shipped by M/s. Creative Leather Industry Karachi to Dubai, UAE under Green Channel facility.
The Form â€“Es of subject consignments were found to be fake on verification from the concerned bank. The subject containers have been duly seized the amount of subject consignments has been worked out US$ 117,546/- (Pak Rupees 12.6 million).
FIR has also been lodged with the court of Special Judge and User ID of the exporter has been suspended. Previous consignments exported by the subject firm are also being investigated and it is likely that more consignments exported against fake documents defrauding the government exchequer in millions of rupees will be unearthed. The aspect of using the foreign exchange in money laundering abroad is also being probed.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Revenue Division constitutes Steering Committee for restructuring of FBR 15-Nov-2019
- Customs Quetta comes hard on smuggling 15-Nov-2019
- Transit cargo replacement: Director of M/s E-Movers arrested 15-Nov-2019
- SHC to see whether its orders complied or else Petition by fabric importers 15-Nov-2019
- SHC orders provisional release of Pajero jeep 15-Nov-2019
- Adamas completes share sale and purchase agreement with Infinity Capital Group 15-Nov-2019
- Customs Intelligence Quetta seizes 89,000 liters of smuggled diesel 15-Nov-2019
- Middle Island seeks 10 exploration licenses in the northern territory 15-Nov-2019
- Hydrix signs $5 million loan facility with Pure Asset Management 15-Nov-2019
- Tokai Tokyo to invest $5.0 million in Singapore’s STO exchange operator ICHX 14-Nov-2019