KARACHI: The World Customs Organisation (WCO) has invited nominations from Pakistan Customs for the Masters Degree Programme in Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights at the Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan.
WCO will award a number of scholarships and funds for these scholarships will be provided by Japan Customs under the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme.
The scholarship programme is aimed at promising young managers from the Customs administration of developing-country WCO members.
The Degree programme will start in March 2014 and finish in March 2015. The last date of submitting the applications is August 29, 2013.
The Masters Degree Programme comprises two segments; an academic segment and a practical segment. The academic segment starts with focused teaching of foundational skills in strategic management and IPR. It then moves to a range of applied topics which help students understand how to design, implement and evaluate public policies, in particular Customs policy, in accordance with development strategies for organizations.
The practical segment is taught in co-operation with Japan Customs, including the Japan Customs Training Institute.
An all inclusive allowance of 147,000 Yen per month will be granted to cover the cost of accommodation, meals and incidental expenses for the study period.
After the completion of the Programme, the candidates should continue to work in their home Customs administration for 3 years and after 3 years, they should report to the AGU indicating the post they occupy in their home administration and how they have been utilizing the experience they acquired in Japan.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- FBR decides to replace GST with VAT 21-Nov-2019
- Total’s Saft gets order for three Intensium Max 20 High Energy containers from TuuliWatti 20-Nov-2019
- Rostelecom to acquire data center provider DataLine 20-Nov-2019
- 12MW grid energized to facilitate Getz Pharma’s new plant 20-Nov-2019
- FPCCI lauds relocation of trade missions 20-Nov-2019
- FIR lodged against Pak Shaheen Container Yard and others for fraud 20-Nov-2019
- Steel coils import: Customs Intelligence launches crackdown against misuse of concessionary regime 20-Nov-2019
- New Zealand’s AFT Pharmaceuticals to sell its pain relief medicine in Pakistan 20-Nov-2019
- Mulkia Investment signs SAR300mn Shariah compliant facility from Bank Albilad 20-Nov-2019
- Stride sells Bunnings, Wellington Shopping Centre and Bay Central Shopping Centre for $140.75mn 20-Nov-2019