KARACHI: The Model Customs Collectorate of PaCCS has lodged a first information report (FIR) against the proprietor of M/s Mubah Trades willfully defrauding the exchequer and depriving the exchequer of Rs5.961 million.
According to the details of the FIR lodged before the Court of Special Judge (Customs & Taxation), the importer imported a consignment of coated abrasive cloth: Aluminum Oxide & Aluminum Zirconia cloth in rolls and filed a Goods Declaration (GD) through its agent M/s Zeeshan International declaring value of the goods at $24022.476 C&F on the basis of a invoice issued by the supplier and paid duty/taxes of Rs1.202 million.
On physical examination, of the goods, an invoice having value of the goods as $85,877.89 C&F was retrieved from inside the container issued by the same supplier.
Hence the aforesaid decaled value and invoice declared to be false and fabricated deliberately supplied by the importer for under-invoicing.
M/s Mubah Traders grossly mis-declared the value of the goods for evading governmentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s legitimate revenue of amounting to Rs3.098 million. The imported goods and invoice have been seized.
Data of the previous identical imports suggested that Mubah Traders previously imported one consignment of identical goods declaring the value as $3.5/KG C&F against $7.32/KG as reflected in the above mentioned retrieved invoice evading Rs2.862 million, which is also recoverable from the importer.
Efforts are being made to arrest the culprits involved in the crime and the role of concerned clearing agent and others will be determined through in-depth investigation.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- FBR decides to replace GST with VAT 21-Nov-2019
- Total’s Saft gets order for three Intensium Max 20 High Energy containers from TuuliWatti 20-Nov-2019
- Rostelecom to acquire data center provider DataLine 20-Nov-2019
- 12MW grid energized to facilitate Getz Pharma’s new plant 20-Nov-2019
- FPCCI lauds relocation of trade missions 20-Nov-2019
- FIR lodged against Pak Shaheen Container Yard and others for fraud 20-Nov-2019
- Steel coils import: Customs Intelligence launches crackdown against misuse of concessionary regime 20-Nov-2019
- New Zealand’s AFT Pharmaceuticals to sell its pain relief medicine in Pakistan 20-Nov-2019
- Mulkia Investment signs SAR300mn Shariah compliant facility from Bank Albilad 20-Nov-2019
- Stride sells Bunnings, Wellington Shopping Centre and Bay Central Shopping Centre for $140.75mn 20-Nov-2019