KARACHI: Under instructions from the Director, Intelligence and Investigation-FBR, Peshawar the campaign against smuggling of narcotics was geared up. An information was received to the effect that a sizeable quantity of narcotics would be smuggled from tribal area towards down country in a Toyota Hilux Pickup.
In pursuance of the said information, the staff of Directorate of Intelligence & Investigation Peshawar held a secret naka near Chamkani G.T.Road, District Peshawar. The suspected Toyota Hilux Pickup bearing Registration No LES-07-4219 was spotted coming from Peshawar side. It was signaled to stop but the driver, ignored the signal and sped away. On chasing the same, the driver of the vehicle abandoned his vehicle and decamped from the spot.
The vehicle was searched on spot by the staff of Drug Cell and found contraband (Charas and Opium) tactfully concealed in secret cavities, into the floor of vehicle. The vehicle was then brought to the premises of the Directorate of Intelligence and Investigation (Customs)-FBR, Peshawar where thorough search led to the recovery of 64 Kgs Charas (gross) and 18 Kgs Opium (gross), which has been seized alongwith carrier vehicle.
The estimated value of the aforementioned seized narcotics and vehicle is around Rs. 12 Million (Narcotics; Rs. 9 million and vehicle: Rs. 4 Million). FIR has been lodged against un-known driver/persons and further investigation is underway.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Steps afoot to rationalize tax regime: Asad Umar 20-Feb-2019
- Imran Khan’s goverment is the most pro-women, Law Minister says 20-Feb-2019
- KPK Finance Minister visits Pakistan Stock Exchange 20-Feb-2019
- NHA to implement international laws from March 01, 2019 19-Feb-2019
- Erdoğan to visit Pakistan next month; big investment announcements likely 19-Feb-2019
- Foreign currency buying selling rates 19-Feb-2019
- I&I Karachi links postings with performance 19-Feb-2019
- Careem launches rewards programme – Careem REWARDS 19-Feb-2019
- Pakistan seeks FTA with GCC states: Dawood 19-Feb-2019
- SME finance by banking industry achieves historic high of over half-a-trillion rupees 19-Feb-2019