● Single, unified smartphone app serving people’s local, daily needs
● Careem Super App provides services across three areas:
1. Mobility of people – cars, bike, rickshaw
2. Mobility of things – food, daily essentials, pharma, deliveries
3. Mobility of money – peer-to-peer, mobile recharge, bill payments
● US$50m invested in developing Careem Super App, driven by 500 colleagues in the tech team
● 33 million customers from Morocco to Pakistan will have the Super App from end June 2020 – roll out started March 2020
KARACHI: Careem, the leading internet platform for a rapidly growing region extending from Morocco to Pakistan is now the region’s first everyday Super App. As a Super App, Careem will provide multiple services alongside its core business of ride hailing. From the end of June 2020, an expanded range of services will be available to all of Careem’s 33 million registered users and 1.7 million Captains across 13 countries and over 100 cities. Careem began expanding its core business initially with food and delivery in 2019 and is now offering services across three areas: Mobility of People, Mobility of Things and Mobility of Money.