KARACHI: Karachi Customs Agents Association (KCAA) discussed various issues facing traders at a meeting held with Collector MCC Appraisement West.
Collector MCC Appraisement West assured to post additional strength of assessment officers and support staff in each Group and directed that assessment officers will do their assigned task with complete focus.
Principal Appraisers would attend hearings before Appellate Tribunal so that Appraising Officers can dispose of work easily. KCAA had proposed that due to shortage of staff at Customs, dedicated officers at the assessment department may be deputed for timely processing of goods declaration.
KCAA apprised the collector that repeated marking of samples for test of same item/same supplier were increasing day by day. Specified items are being marked for lab test without considering the profile and nature of cargo, which creates unnecessary delay in clearance of consignments. Collector agreed with the proposal and directed that the traders shall upload the valid test-reports of the same item, same supplier, same origin, and same specifications performed within last three months, at the time of filing of the GD to help prevent repetition of the test requests, which shall be taken into consideration by the assessment officers for completing GDs.
KCAA informed that in case of short recovery from the importer in any Collectorate, the License of Customs Agents is suspended without any prior notice or without giving an opportunity of hearing. It is suggested that in compliance of provisions of Section 209 of Customs Act, 1969 the Custom House Licence may not be suspended without hearing or prior notice.
The Collector agreed with the demand, in principle, and directed that the licenses of clearing agents may not be suspended in normal course without issuance of Show Cause Notice or according proper hearing opportunity to the licensee and immediate suspension will only be done in cases of serious offences by recording reasons in writing.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Trustpower Limited announces sale of its electricity metering business 18-Nov-2019
- Dutch companies discuss joint venture for potato seeds and dairy 18-Nov-2019
- Dubai Islamic Bank completes $750 million Sukuk issue 18-Nov-2019
- Pakistan Customs steps up anti-smuggling enforcement across country 18-Nov-2019
- Economy showing signs of improvement: Governor SBP 18-Nov-2019
- Artificial Intelligence can boost education efficiency 18-Nov-2019
- Pak-Qatar General Takaful Signs Agreement with Emaan Islamic Banking 18-Nov-2019
- Customs court extends remand of accused who fired at officials 18-Nov-2019
- Real Estate Investors acquire properties for £7.45 million 18-Nov-2019
- FutureGov wins UK IT Award for best public sector IT project 18-Nov-2019