Shoe Carnival Further Enhances Financial Liquidity

EVANSVILLE: Shoe Carnival Inc., a leading retailer of moderately priced footwear and accessories, announced it has exercised the accordion feature of its credit agreement with Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. and Fifth Third Bank, National Association to further enhance its financial liquidity position. The exercise, which closed on April 16, 2020,… Continue reading

Adairs completes acquisition of Mocka Limited

MELBOURNE: Adairs Limited, a retailer of home furnishings in Australia, has today completed its acquisition of Mocka Limited. On 4 December 2019 Adairs announced that it had entered into a binding agreement to acquire all of the shares of Mocka Limited for a notional initial enterprise value of NZ$80 million…. Continue reading

Strongpoint to provide 20 Click & Collect lockers to COOP

RÆLINGEN: StrongPoint has signed an agreement with the Swedish grocery retailer COOP for an additional 20 Click & Collect lockers to be located nationwide for their Click & Collect online retail solution. “I am delighted that COOP has chosen us to support them in offering of a flexible and modern… Continue reading

Noni B to acquire a 50.1% equity interest in EziBuy Limited

SYDNEY: Noni B Limited and Alceon Group have reached agreement for Noni B to acquire a 50.1% equity interest in EziBuy Limited from Alceon for a nominal consideration. Noni B will have economic ownership from 28 October 2019, and will have a call option to acquire the remaining 49.9% equity… Continue reading

The Good Guys agrees to sell MGM’s SPACETALK in Australia

SYDNEY: MGM Wireless Limited announced that The Good Guys has agreed to sell the SPACETALK children’s all-in-one smartphone, watch and GPS device online through The Good Guys website and in all 105 national retail stores. Operating since 1952, The Good Guys is a leading retailer of home appliances and consumer… Continue reading

Maxima gets CPC nod for rental of stores from Triumph

LONDON: Maxima Bulgaria, owned by Maxima Grupė, has received an approval by the Bulgarian Commission for Protection of Competition (CPC) regarding rental of the stores from the local retail chain Triumph. The stores are situated in the city of Plovdiv, the second biggest city of the country. Having received the… Continue reading

45 big retailers issued notices to submit import papers

KARACHI: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has asked the city’s big retailers to furnish documents of proof related to imported goods on sale at their stores after ongoing anti-smuggling surveys, The News reported. FBR issued notices to at least 45 retailers, seeking verification of customs clearance against the imported… Continue reading

X5 opens new logistics centre in Russia’s north-west

VELIKIY NOVGOROD: X5 Retail Group, a leading Russian food retailer, announced the development of its logistics infrastructure in the Northwestern Federal District and the opening of a Pyaterochka distribution centre (DC) in Velikiy Novgorod. The opening ceremony was attended by Deputy Prime Minister of the Novgorod region Evgeny Bogdanov, Pyaterochka… Continue reading

SGX welcomes Astrea V private equity bond retail offering

SINGAPORE: Singapore Exchange (SGX) Friday welcomed the listing of Astrea V Private Equity (PE) Class A-1 bonds issued by Astrea V Pte Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Azalea Asset Management Pte. Ltd., which is itself wholly owned by Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited. The Astrea V PE bonds began trading… Continue reading