- With inflows of around $2.7 billion in June 2021 (9 percent growth (y/y) and 8 percent growth (m/m)), workers’ remittances continued their unprecedented streak of above $2 billion for a record 13th consecutive month. Seasonal pre-Eid related inflows helped to further boost remittances level during June.
- On a cumulative basis, remittances rose to a historic annual high of $29.4 billion. This has helped improve the country’s external sector position despite the challenging global economic conditions in the past year. Remittances registered a substantial 27 percent growth in FY21 over last year, the fastest rate of expansion since FY03.
- Remittance inflows during FY21 were mainly sourced from Saudi Arabia ($7.7 billion), United Arab Emirates ($6.1 billion), United Kingdom ($4.1 billion) and the United States ($2.7 billion).
- Overall, record high inflows of workers’ remittances during FY21 have been driven by proactive policy measures by the Government and SBP to incentivize the use of formal channels, curtailed cross-border travel in the face of COVID-19 infections, altruistic transfers to Pakistan amid the pandemic, and orderly foreign exchange market conditions.
Press Release of Workers’ Remittances in June 2021
Bookmark the permalink.
- Barwa Real Estate signs cooperation agreement with Huawei 18-Oct-2021DOHA, QATAR: Barwa Real Estate Group has signed a cooperation agreement with Huawei to provide all its in-progress and future... Continue reading The post Barwa Real Estate signs cooperation agreement with Huawei appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Agreement signed with Iona Capital for solar farm development 18-Oct-2021LONDON, UK: IGas announces that it has agreed a Heads of Terms (HoT) with Iona, an investor with a long... Continue reading The post Agreement signed with Iona Capital for solar farm development appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- HydrogenOne acquires minority stake in Sunfire GmbH for €24mn 18-Oct-2021LONDON, UK: HydrogenOne Capital Growth has today signed definitive agreements for its first private equity investment of €24m in Sunfire... Continue reading The post HydrogenOne acquires minority stake in Sunfire GmbH for €24mn appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- LondonMetric Property buys logistics assets in Fulham 18-Oct-2021LONDON, UK: LondonMetric Property Plc announced the acquisition of two last mile logistics assets in Fulham and Tottenham for a... Continue reading The post LondonMetric Property buys logistics assets in Fulham appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Corcel completes Wo Wo Gap Nickel-Cobalt project acquisition 18-Oct-2021LONDON, UK: Corcel Plc, a natural resource exploration and development company with interests in battery metals and flexible energy generation... Continue reading The post Corcel completes Wo Wo Gap Nickel-Cobalt project acquisition appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Barwa Real Estate signs cooperation agreement with Huawei 18-Oct-2021
- ITMinds Limited signs an agreement with Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) for Back Office Services for PPL’s Retirement Funds 18-Oct-2021
- PTCL Group cements its market standing: Increase of 7% Revenue &136% in Profit 18-Oct-2021
- Customs Quetta seizes narcotics worth Rs360mn 17-Oct-2021
- Chief Collector South sets Key Performance Indicators 17-Oct-2021
- Customs Hyderabad launches crackdown on smugglers 16-Oct-2021