- Workers’ remittances rose to an all-time monthly high of $2.8 billion in April 2021, 56 percent higher than during the same month last year.
- On a cumulative basis, remittances have also surpassed previous records. At $ 24.2 billion in July-April FY21, remittances grew by 29 percent over the same period last year and have already crossed the full FY20 level by more than $1 billion.
- Remittance inflows during July-April FY21 were mainly sourced from Saudi Arabia ($6.4 billion), United Arab Emirates ($5.1 billion), United Kingdom ($3.3 billion) and the United States ($2.2 billion).
- Proactive policy measures by the Government and SBP to encourage more inflows through formal channels, curtailed cross border travel in the face of COVID-19, altruistic transfers to Pakistan amid the pandemic, orderly foreign exchange market conditions and, more recently, Eid-related inflows have contributed to record levels of remittances this year.
Press Release of Workers’ Remittances in April 2021
Bookmark the permalink.
- Merrill Gray joins Hexagon board as Stedwell steps down 18-Oct-2021SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: Hexagon Energy Materials Limited notified that Mr. Justyn Stedwell has stepped down as a Non-Executive Director. Merrill Gray... Continue reading The post Merrill Gray joins Hexagon board as Stedwell steps down appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Ava Risk Group closes divestment of Ava Global to TTG Bidco 18-Oct-2021SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: Ava Risk Group Limited has completed the sale of its non-core Services Division, Ava Global DMCC-LLC to TTG... Continue reading The post Ava Risk Group closes divestment of Ava Global to TTG Bidco appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Freightways acquires ProducePronto for upto $14 million 18-Oct-2021AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND: Freightways has signed a conditional sale and purchase agreement and expects to take ownership of ProducePronto on... Continue reading The post Freightways acquires ProducePronto for upto $14 million appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- TripleBlind Lands $24 Million in Series A Funding 18-Oct-2021KANSAS CITY: TripleBlind, the private data sharing company that offers proprietary cryptographically-enforced data privacy solution, announced today it has received... Continue reading The post TripleBlind Lands $24 Million in Series A Funding appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Kevin Bolt resigns as bpha’s CEO 18-Oct-2021LONDON, UK: Kevin Bolt has announced that he will be retiring as Chief Executive of bpha in May 2022, after... Continue reading The post Kevin Bolt resigns as bpha’s CEO appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Merrill Gray joins Hexagon board as Stedwell steps down 18-Oct-2021
- ITMinds Limited signs an agreement with Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) for Back Office Services for PPL’s Retirement Funds 18-Oct-2021
- PTCL Group cements its market standing: Increase of 7% Revenue &136% in Profit 18-Oct-2021
- Customs Quetta seizes narcotics worth Rs360mn 17-Oct-2021
- Chief Collector South sets Key Performance Indicators 17-Oct-2021
- Customs Hyderabad launches crackdown on smugglers 16-Oct-2021