NEW YORK: Gainey McKenna & Egleston announced that a class action lawsuit has been filed against Tyson Foods Inc. on behalf of those who purchased or acquired the securities of Tyson between March 13, 2020 and December 15, 2020.
The lawsuit seeks to recover damages for investors under the federal securities laws.
The Complaint alleges that Defendants made false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that:
(1) Tyson knew, or should have known, that the highly contagious coronavirus was spreading throughout the globe;
(2) Tyson did not in fact have sufficient safety protocols to protect its employees in its facilities;
(3) as a result, Tyson employees contracted and spread the coronavirus within the facilities;
(4) as a result of the foregoing, Tyson would face negative impact to its production, including complete shutdowns of certain facilities;
(5) due to the failure to protect its employees, Tyson would suffer financial harm related to its lowered production; and
(6) as a result, Defendants’ public statements were materially false and/or misleading at all relevant times. When the true details entered the market, the lawsuit claims that investors suffered damages.