KARACHI: A meeting of Vigilance Committee on FBR’s lands in Sindh was held on Wednesday, January 20, 2021 in the Conference Room of 5th Floor, Custom House in Karachi. The meeting was attended by:-
1. Mr. Jamil Yousuf (Chairman, Vigilance Committee)
2. Dr. Saifuddin Junejo (Chief Collector Customs Enforcement South / Secretary, Vigilance Committee)
3. Mr. Haroon Malik (Additional Collector)
4. Mr. Arsalan (Assistant Collector)
5. Mr. Tahir Abbas (SA to Chief Collector)
6. Mr. Anwar Iqbal (Member, Vigilance Committee)
7. Mr. Navaid Malik (Member, Vigilance Committee)
The Committee discussed matters pertaining to safeguard Maurypur’s land records that were off-site. It was also proposed that these records must be micro-filmed and digitized for reference.
The Committee was also apprised with regards to letters sent to Commissioner Karachi and KPT to procure records of FBR’s lands.
It was also decided that an urgent joint survey of Maurypur, Karachi will be conducted to identify land which can be reclaimed through assistance of law enforcement agencies and by constructing boundary walls.
A team of senior lawyers are to be engaged for cases pending in courts related to FBR’s lands in Sindh.
The quotes and approvals for a topographic physical survey of Maurypur were also discussed.
This meeting was in succession to the previous urgent meeting of the Vigilance Committee that was held on January 06, 2021 with instructions from Dr. Abdul Hafeez Shaikh, Federal Minister of Finance and Revenue.