KARACHI: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has advised Inland Revenue Service and Pakistan Customs Service (PCS) to maintain a list of civil servants who have completed requisite length of service in terms of Civil Servants Act, 1973.
Prime Minister Imran Khan has also directed that all ministries, divisions, departments, cadre administrators must proceed in accordance with provisions of subject rules.
Moreover, Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has started scrutiny of its officials from BS-1 to BS-16 under recently introduced the Civil Servants (Director Retirement from Services) Rules, 2020.
In this regard the FBR on Tuesday issued directives to Chief Commissioners of Large Taxpayers Units (LTUs)/Regional Tax Offices (RTOs), Chief Collectors and Collectors of Customs and all director generals of Inland Revenue and Customs to submit details of officials in BS-16 and below whose cases qualify for consideration under the Civil Servants (Directory Retirement from Service) Rules, 2020.
Necessary supporting documentary evidence may also be furnished alongwith these lists to the FBR by August 13, 2020 to enable the board to convene the meeting of the retirement committee.
The heads of IR and Customs have been asked to provide details of officials from BS-1 to BS-16, including:
01. Name of the officer with BPS
02. Date of Entry into Civil Service
03. Total length of Service
04. No of Average Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs) (alongwith period of PER) and name of the officer RO/CO writing such PER
05. Number of adverse PERs (alongwith period of PER) RO/CO and name of the officer writing such remarks
06. Placed in Category ‘C’ by CSB/DSB/DPC
07. Supresessions in CSB/DSB/DPC concerned
08. Not recommended for promotion in case of HPSB (number of such considerations) and years of HPSB
09. Was found guilty of corruption by NAB/other investigation agency
10. Entered into plea bargain or voluntary return with NAB/other investigating agency
11. Has conduct unbecoming
12. Any other information to be brought before the board.