KARACHI: FPCCI Standing Committee for freight forwarding and logistics services former Vice Chairman Karachi goods career goods association former general secretary and president of pak china club and chief executive of arain cargo transport Javed Rashid Asghar Arian said that cargo transport is a backbone of country economy it has 15% share in the GDP, in order to keep the industries running the cargo transport company provides imported raw material machine as well as food product transportation the share in the GDP is 15% despite this it has not been given the status of industries. In the country there are above 400 and 550 lac heavy vehicle truks trailors are use cargo transportation and 100 thousand of people and more then 100 thousand are being benefited, before corona the port activities were normal and the industrial zone were also operating normally as such 3 lac ton cargo use to be delivered now due to present circumstances the cargo transportation business facing tremendous financial problem and in order to pay the salaries we have to sale our assess and meeting other expenses it has become very difficult to survive transport sector and the relative department must get bail out packages. Further for two to three years 50% discount should be given on Toll Taxes, Token Taxes, Toll Tax and Excise taxes. And recovery of other taxes should be waived for one year. The government must give permission for the import of tire, spare parts, oil and other items. Further 50% duty exemption should be given and to import the heavy vehicle the bank must give financial support of soft terms by reducing the markup, equaling to general public markup ratio Jawaid Rasheed Asghar further said that port and international border clearance on the way the custom intelligence officials are habitual of alleging mis declaration and holding the truks and driver for nothing and the keep harassing the driver cleaner were as clearance is done by the goods import and clearing agent the transporter does only the transportation job so they should not be harassed he further said that the rights of the transporter should be protected and in the custom act an amendment to be made to stop the harassment and the April 2005 and thereafter several meetings with the FBR Chairman in this connection but no result he has appeal the Prime Minster and Chairman FBR to solve the issue. He said that the private transport is playing a vital role in the country’s economy as the Pakistan railway and NLC lifting only 10% of the goods and 90% is being lifted by the private transport company. Despite all problems the Cargo transport Company is lifting 90% goods from the port and factories The KGCA is the registered transport sector and biggest representative of the transport Industry. Its having 1000 members KGCO,KPT port trust, Port Qasim Board representation should be given and our suggestion should be given importance while preparing the budget .A committee should be made including the KGC president & General secretary for the anti smuggling issues, to end the smuggling forever. On the motorways international standard safety measure and medical facilities as well as heavy vehicle towing facilities to made to meet any emergency or breakdown.
CARGO TRANSPORT IS A BACKBONE OF THE ECONOMY: JAWAID ARAIN
Bookmark the permalink.
- Potential Evergrande fallout to mostly impact China alone 23-Sep-2021Financial distress at Evergrande has brought jitters in Emerging Market bonds — however, fortunately most of the impacts are limited... Continue reading The post Potential Evergrande fallout to mostly impact China alone appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Inventia sells $30mn worth of American Depositary Shares 23-Sep-2021PARIS, FRANCE: Inventiva, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, has completed sales of 2.083 million American Depositary Shares (ADS) pursuant to the... Continue reading The post Inventia sells $30mn worth of American Depositary Shares appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Hexatronic enters US data center market through DCS acquisition 23-Sep-2021STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN: Hexatronic Group AB has signed an agreement to acquire 100% of the shares of Data Center Systems (DCS),... Continue reading The post Hexatronic enters US data center market through DCS acquisition appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Kromec Group gets nuclear security contract from US federal entity 23-Sep-2021LONDON, UK: Kromek Group has received a contract worth up to $1.6m from a US federal entity for the Group’s... Continue reading The post Kromec Group gets nuclear security contract from US federal entity appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- PetroNeft to commence export oil sales from October 01 23-Sep-2021LONDON, UK: PetroNeft Resources, an oil & gas exploration and production company operating in the Tomsk Oblast, Russian Federation, announced... Continue reading The post PetroNeft to commence export oil sales from October 01 appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Potential Evergrande fallout to mostly impact China alone 23-Sep-2021
- IPR Enforcement confiscates consignment of counterfeit and expired products 23-Sep-2021
- Customs Quetta seizes smuggled goods worth Rs130mn 23-Sep-2021
- KCCI Managing Committee unanimously elects Office Bearers for 2021-22 23-Sep-2021
- SHC disposes of suits setting Customs free to proceed with SCNs 23-Sep-2021
- OMCs warned to remove smuggled goods from outlets 23-Sep-2021