KARACHI: The Pakistan Customs Preventive was restrained by a division bench of High Court of Sindh from coercive recovery if Rupees 550 Million as areaes of Sales Tax and Petroleum Levy for the the tax year 2015 – 2020 from BOYCO Petroleum. The bench comprising Justice Aqeel Ahmed Abbasi and Justice Mahmood A Khan here on Monday heard a counsel from leading law firm Franklin Law Associates who submitted that respondent custom Preventive has no jurisdiction and the demand was being raised without any adjudication proceedings. The counsel also referred to the order passed in identical petition CP-D 1991/2020 and said new exorbitant demand was being raised to circumvent order pass dearlier on March 20. The counsel also relied on a letter by Commissioner Large Taxpayer Unit in which it was stated that no levy could be charged on local home consumption i.e HSD supply for Tug Boats. The bench after a brief hearing issued pre-admission notices to respondents for April 22 restrained the respondents from coercive recovery while fixing both the petitions for hearing . The petitioner was also directed to respond to recovery notice raising all factual and legal points while respondents were ordered to duly consider such reply.
SHC restrains Customs Preventive from coercive recovery from BOYCO Petroleum
Bookmark the permalink.
- Alstom and Plastic Omnium to design hydrogen storage for railway 21-Sep-2021PARIS, FRANCE: Alstom and Plastic Omnium have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to collaborate on the development of high-end... Continue reading The post Alstom and Plastic Omnium to design hydrogen storage for railway appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Pernod Ricard agrees to buy The Whisky Exchange 21-Sep-2021PARIS, FRANCE: Pernod Ricard has signed an agreement for the acquisition of The Whisky Exchange, a leading spirits online and... Continue reading The post Pernod Ricard agrees to buy The Whisky Exchange appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Workspace disposes vacant property for £92 million 21-Sep-2021LONDON, UK: Workspace Group announced the exchange of contracts for the disposal of 13-17 Fitzroy Street in Fitzrovia, for a... Continue reading The post Workspace disposes vacant property for £92 million appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Henry J. Charrabé appointed CEO of Seven Seas Water Group 21-Sep-2021TAMPA: Seven Seas Water Group, a multi-national provider of water and wastewater solutions, appointed Henry J. Charrabé as new Chief... Continue reading The post Henry J. Charrabé appointed CEO of Seven Seas Water Group appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Stenprop changes name to Industrials Reit 21-Sep-2021LONDON, UK: Stenprop announced that, effective today, it has changed its name from Stenprop Limited to Industrials REIT Limited, in... Continue reading The post Stenprop changes name to Industrials Reit appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Alstom and Plastic Omnium to design hydrogen storage for railway 21-Sep-2021
- Emirates SkyCargo upgrades customers to a seamless booking experience with CargoWise 21-Sep-2021
- DGTO allows APCAA to hold elections as per revised schedule, imposes conditions 21-Sep-2021
- Customs Gwadar seizes smuggled goods 21-Sep-2021
- Customs Peshawar seizes pistols and ammunition coming from Afghanistan 21-Sep-2021
- Vehicle and maim puri seized by police did not belong to I&I Karachi 21-Sep-2021