Nearly 70 percent of the export orders lost: FPCCI | CustomNews.pk

Nearly 70 percent of the export orders lost: FPCCI

KARACHI: Exporters have lost nearly 70 percent of the export orders due to lockdown, and in order to complete the remaining, industry need government support instead of harassment and arrest of businessmen

“Exporters are losing orders, nearly 70 percent export orders have been cancelled due to global environment and for completing remaining 30 percent we need to function smoothly. But under such circumstances where industry has to be closed, no laying off labors, no facility for shipments, cash flow constraints, banking and market obligation, how all these requirements could be met out when the authorities and agencies creating such problems of harassment and arrest/ detention of industrialists,” President of the Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI) Mian Anjum Nisar said.

He stated at a time of global crises where most of the countries were losing trade and facing drastic decline in exports the government should follow policies that are favorable to industry.

President Karachi Chamber of Commerce & Industry (KCCI) Agha Shahab Ahmed Khan expressing concerns over the arrest of a textile miller, stated that instead arresting and raiding  industries, any violation of government’s orders should be brought to KCCI’s and relevant industrial zone association’s notice so that the same could be amicably resolved.

“The industrialists are already going through a very difficult situation and finding it really hard to stay afloat hence, the government should refrain from exacerbating their problems and finalize the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at the earliest so that the industries could accordingly adopt precautionary measures at their units to prevent the spread of coronavirus and at the same time, ensure uninterrupted production activities”, President KCCI added in a statement issued.

He stressed that those export oriented industries, who had labor residential and provided private transportation facility, should be allowed to operate on a condition that they would ensure compliance of precautionary measures including social distancing, use of masks, gloves and sanitizers.

Business leaders stressed Pakistan might not face prolonged closure of the industry as this would be harmful for the entire nation.

What is your view on this ? Let us know in the comments section
Ad
More