KARACHI: In order to address the concerns of officers and officials of Federal Board of Revenue (FBR), and to make restructuring of FBR a more inclusive exercise, the Chairman FBR Syed Shabbar Zaidi has formed Consultative Committees comprising FBR officers.
The Karachi Committee comprising Chief Commissioner (CCIR) Dr. Faiz Ilahi (Head of committee), CCIRs Amir Ali Khan Talpur, Dr. Aftab Imam, Shahid Iqbal Baloch and Badruddin Qureshi.
The Lahore Committee comprises CCIR Syed Nadeem Hussain Rizvi (head of committee), CCIRs Asim Majeed Khan, Ahmed Shuja Khan.
The Islamabad/Rawalpindi Committee comprises DG I&I-IR Asim Ahmed (Head of committee), CCIRs Dr Bashirullah Khan, Dr Shamsul Hadi and Muhammad Naseer Butt.
Chief Commissioners of remaining RTOs are also advised frame their recommendations by co-opting officers from BS-20, 19, 18, 17 and officials of BS-16 and below.
Chairman FBR has approved the following TORs for the Consultative Committees:
1. Future status of Tax Authority. a. Under Federal Government as an attached department as presently. b. Under Federal Government as a Semi-Autonomous Body. c. Completely autonomous.
2. HR issues such as Recruitment, Retention, Capacity, Remuneration etc.
3. Financial Autonomy — Ita extent and nature.
4. Organizational Structure (Qualifications/Growth/Career Path).
5. Work processes.
6. Any other suggestion(s) if deemed necessary.
The Chairman, FBR has desired that the heads of these Committees should ensure engaging officials falling in BS-16 and below and other cadres falling under their jurisdictions so that their input can also be obtained and incorporated in the recommendations framed by these Committees.
4. As the matter is of urgent nature, it is requested that the recommendations of the Consultative Committees may reach the Board by 16.11. 2019 positively.