SHC issue pre-admission notice in suit by auction purchaser

KARACHI: Justice Junaid Ghaffar of High Court of Sindh issued pre-admission notice to the custom authorities in a suit filed by one Sajid Mehmood, auction purchaser of  3 lots comprising electronic items, auto parts and old, used clothes.

A counsel from Franklin Law Associates appearing for the plaintiff submitted that the petitioner paid bid money, 25 per cent of the bid and later also paid the remaining 75 per cent amount after which the procedure was completed but the Deputy Collector is denying release of the purchased goods in open bid auction.

The DC is holding release on ground that one of the bidder has lodge a complaint that goods were auctioned at a lower price. The counsel for plaintiff submitted that the complainant has withdrawn the complaint but still purchased goods are not being released and it is feared that entire process of auction will be recalled.

The single judge after hearing the plaintiff side while issuing pre-admission notice for September 19 ordered that no adverse action be taken till the next date of hearing.

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.

  • RSS Newsnreleases

    • Green Thumb acquire vertically integrated cannabis business in Rhode Island 02-Aug-2021
      VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA: Green Thumb Industries Inc., a leading national cannabis consumer packaged goods company, has closed on the acquisition... Continue reading The post Green Thumb acquire vertically integrated cannabis business in Rhode Island appeared first on NewsnReleases.
    • Smiths Group selling Smiths Medical for $2.3 billion 02-Aug-2021
      LONDON, UK: Smiths Group plc has entered into an agreement for the sale of Smiths Medical to Trulli Bidco Limited,... Continue reading The post Smiths Group selling Smiths Medical for $2.3 billion appeared first on NewsnReleases.
    • Dolfines SAS acquires 8.2 France 02-Aug-2021
      MONTIGNY LE BRETONNEUX, FRANCE: Dolfines SAS, an independent specialist in engineering and services for the renewable and conventional energy industry,... Continue reading The post Dolfines SAS acquires 8.2 France appeared first on NewsnReleases.
    • Fertiglobe acquires 15% Stake in EBIC for $43 million 02-Aug-2021
      AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS: OCI N.V. announced Fertiglobe has agreed with a KBR-led consortium (NYSE: KBR), which includes Mitsubishi, JGC and Itochu,... Continue reading The post Fertiglobe acquires 15% Stake in EBIC for $43 million appeared first on NewsnReleases.
    • SSE sells stake in Scotia Gas Networks for £1.225 billion 02-Aug-2021
      LONDON, UK: SSE Plc has agreed to sell its entire 33.3% stake in gas distribution operator Scotia Gas Networks Ltd... Continue reading The post SSE sells stake in Scotia Gas Networks for £1.225 billion appeared first on NewsnReleases.