Supreme Court orders furnishing name of police officers involved in illegal appointment, action taken against

KARACHI: A full bench of Supreme Court of Pakistan comprising Justice Gulzar Ahmed, Justice Maqbool Baqar and Justice Munib Akhtar on Monday hearing a service appeal filed by one Kashif and dozens of other persons dismissed from service of Sindh Police on account of being illegal ordered Sindh Police to reveal and place the name of the officer (s) involved in illegal appointments in the police force.

Additional Advocate General Sindh Sawar Khan, AIG Legal Mazhar Hussain Alvi and SSP Hyderabad Range Sarfraz appeared as respondents.

The counsel for petitioner and intervenors argued that his clients were dismissed without show cause and re-assessment as required under law and judgment by superior court. The counsel was however unable to distinguish his case from one Shayan whose appeal was dismissed by the Sindh Services Tribunal relying on the orders of the Supreme Court of Pakistan in identical case of illegal appointments.

You are not fully prepared, please distinguish your case from the one of Shayan and explain that why reasoning given by the Services Tribunal does not apply in case of your clients, the bench repeatedly asked.

The bench then posed number of questions to the respondents. Officers get their men appointed, all senior officials must have taken money for appointments, the bench observed.

AAG Sarwar Khan defended the dismissal and said after 2016 a policy was framed, employees were given chance to appear in NTS test and only 16 qualified from Hyderabad. Those who cleared the NTS were reinstated, he told the bench.

First tell us that who make these appointments, the bench said. SSP Hyderabad said that an inquiry is in process. The bench later adjourning further hearing ordered the AAG to place the name of the officer (s) responsible for alleged illegal appointments in Sindh Police. The AAG was given four weeks time to do the needful.

Tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.