ISLAMABAD: Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) has advised Board of Investment (BoI) to reduce the time frame for approval of Special Economic Zones (SEZ) applications from 90 days to 45 days.
Further, it will propose certain changes in SEZ Act to make it more investor friendly. It was also decided that SEZs of Islamabad and Bostan will be included in the list of priority SEZs under CPEC.
ECC also asked BoI to revisit the requirements for setting up of tourism, IT and health related entities within SEZs.
The meeting of Economic Coordination Committee of the Cabinet (ECC) was held here on Monday. Finance Minister Asad Umar chaired the meeting. Chairman Board of Investment(BoI) gave a detailed presentation to the ECC on development of SEZs in the country and related issues, Press Information Department PID reported.
ECC directed Petroleum and Power Divisions to devise a road map, within 30 days, for provision of electricity/gas to all industrial estates.
ECC, in consideration of a proposal submitted by the Ministry of Industries and Production, (MOIP) accorded approval for provision of funds to the tune of Rs 833 million to Pakistan Machine Tool Factory (PMTF) for payment of employees’ salaries and retirement benefits.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- AM Best revises outlook to positive of Notes of 321 Henderson Receivables V LLC 21-Nov-2019
- ASO Preventive Karachi seizes smuggled goods worth Rs98.55 million 21-Nov-2019
- SHC to hear contempt application against DG I&I on Nov 28 21-Nov-2019
- SHC decline petition challenging issuance of Show Cause Notice 21-Nov-2019
- Innovative handling on Port Qasim despite high coal imports 21-Nov-2019
- Ian Tordoff appointed Chief Executive Officer of Block Commodities 21-Nov-2019
- Ontario Inc to acquire Ragnar Metals’ Gaddebo tenement 21-Nov-2019
- DOF Subsea awarded contracts in New Zealand and Asia 21-Nov-2019
- Noni B to acquire a 50.1% equity interest in EziBuy Limited 21-Nov-2019
- Syncona leads £32 million financing in Azeria 21-Nov-2019