KARACHI: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has notified the mechanism for clearance of consignments of imported betel nut.
Accordingly, with mutual consent of Department of Plant Protection (DPP) and importers, testing laboratory will be selected from the list of approved laboratories/companies as contained in Import Policy Order.
The inspection report of these laboratories/companies will be admissible for the clearance of the imported shipment of betel nut.
Commerce Division will incorporate necessary amendments in the Import Policy Order to allow pre-shipment inspection (PSI) of food items including betel nut.
The pre-shipment inspection (PSI) will be undertaken by already recognized labs mentioned in the Import Policy Order.
Import permit will be issued by Department of Plant Protection (DPP) within 48 hours on receipt of application.
The mechanism notified above was agreed between FBR and Commerce Division. [the_ad id=”31605″]
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Tokai Tokyo to invest $5.0 million in Singapore’s STO exchange operator ICHX 14-Nov-2019
- Daiwa PI commenced microfinance business operation in Myanmar 14-Nov-2019
- AM Best affirms credit ratings of Evergreen Insurance Company Limited 14-Nov-2019
- AM Best downgrades and withdraws credit ratings of United Insurance Company and United Re 14-Nov-2019
- Customs books two more FIRs against steel importers for fraud, money laundering 14-Nov-2019
- Customs Quetta seizes 20,000 milk-enhancement hormone injections Boostin 14-Nov-2019
- Etihad Airways and PIA relaunch codeshare partnership 14-Nov-2019
- SHC issues pre-admission notices for Nov 20 Petition by importers of laptops, Computers 14-Nov-2019
- SHC issues pre-admission notices in petition by Vohra Traders and others 14-Nov-2019
- APTMA demands restoration of SRO 1125(I)/2011 14-Nov-2019