KARACHI: Directorate of Customs Intelligence and Investigation, Karachi made a seizure report regarding seizure of large quantity of smuggled goods including chewing tobacco and cigarettes from a warehouse near City Courts, Karachi.
In the incident report, Directorate along with the details of raid and seizure mentioned that www.customnews.pk ran story about this raid. The incident has falsely claimed that www.customnews.pk ran the story that private persons were dressed in uniforms carrying official weapons.
It is clarified that customnews.pk did not run any such story, which allegedly was carried by certain other media outlets.
However, www.customnews.pk is in possession of material evidence, which suggests that civilians accompanied the raiding staff of Directorate of Customs Intelligence and Investigation Karachi.
It may be mentioned here that www.customnews.pk ran a number of stories about a year ago reporting that officials of the Directorate used private persons for raids. These civilians used official vehicles and weapons. In fact the officials of Directorate were patronising the smugglers and such raids conducted for face saving performance and at times to pressurise and harass importers and traders.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Transit cargo replacement: Director of M/s E-Movers arrested 15-Nov-2019
- SHC to see whether its orders complied or else Petition by fabric importers 15-Nov-2019
- SHC orders provisional release of Pajero jeep 15-Nov-2019
- Adamas completes share sale and purchase agreement with Infinity Capital Group 15-Nov-2019
- Customs Intelligence Quetta seizes 89,000 liters of smuggled diesel 15-Nov-2019
- Middle Island seeks 10 exploration licenses in the northern territory 15-Nov-2019
- Hydrix signs $5 million loan facility with Pure Asset Management 15-Nov-2019
- Tokai Tokyo to invest $5.0 million in Singapore’s STO exchange operator ICHX 14-Nov-2019
- Daiwa PI commenced microfinance business operation in Myanmar 14-Nov-2019
- AM Best affirms credit ratings of Evergreen Insurance Company Limited 14-Nov-2019