KARACHI: Anti-Smuggling Organization (ASO) OF MCC Preventive Karachi has recovered large quantity of smuggled goods including betelnut and gutka worth a Rs 17 million approximately.
According to details, information was received through Collector Preventive about the presence of smuggled goods at godowns in Jodia Bazaar.
Headed by Deputy Collector ASO Mohammed Faisal, the ASO staff raided two gowdowns at Jodia bazaar, Karachi and recovered 678 bags of betel nuts(assorted) 36,660 kgs worth Rs 9,018,360/- (C&F) approximately and in second successful raid in the same vicinity, recovered 108 pp bags of Gutka 486,000 pouches (972 kgs), 25 bags of betel nuts 2000 kgs, 143 dandas of cigarettes, 2 bundles of ladies cloth and 2 rolls of curtain cloth worth Rs. 7900,000/- C&F approx.
Total C&F value of seized smuggled goods/contraband items is to the tune of Rs. 16.9 million approximately.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Standard & Poors’ reaffirms Al Baraka Banking Group’s rating 02-Jun-2019
- KCCI dismayed over hike in petroleum prices, unbearable inflation 01-Jun-2019
- President FPCCI underscores the need to enhance intra-OIC trade 01-Jun-2019
- Otter Media to realign under WarnerMedia Entertainment 01-Jun-2019
- Pakistan equities gain 0.8 percent on hopes of government bailout 01-Jun-2019
- Importers accused of stealing in-bonded goods refuse to cooperate with customs staff, comply Court orders 01-Jun-2019
- Pakistan raises petrol and diesel prices by about Rs4.5 while global oil price falls 01-Jun-2019
- PIA gets Boeing 777 operational after 1.5 years of grounding 31-May-2019
- Ministry of Industries and Production oppose import of used cars, rejects import/re-export policy proposal 31-May-2019
- Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance establishes J V to start auto auction business in Indonesia 31-May-2019