KARACHI: Anti-Smuggling Organization (ASO) OF MCC Preventive Karachi has recovered large quantity of smuggled goods including betelnut and gutka worth a Rs 17 million approximately.
According to details, information was received through Collector Preventive about the presence of smuggled goods at godowns in Jodia Bazaar.
Headed by Deputy Collector ASO Mohammed Faisal, the ASO staff raided two gowdowns at Jodia bazaar, Karachi and recovered 678 bags of betel nuts(assorted) 36,660 kgs worth Rs 9,018,360/- (C&F) approximately and in second successful raid in the same vicinity, recovered 108 pp bags of Gutka 486,000 pouches (972 kgs), 25 bags of betel nuts 2000 kgs, 143 dandas of cigarettes, 2 bundles of ladies cloth and 2 rolls of curtain cloth worth Rs. 7900,000/- C&F approx.
Total C&F value of seized smuggled goods/contraband items is to the tune of Rs. 16.9 million approximately.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- UAE’s Amlak Finance posts decline in profits for 2018 24-Mar-2019
- Sonata Software makes strategic investment in Retail10X, an AI company 23-Mar-2019
- Bonded carrier, Customs agent licenses of M/s Saif-ur-Rehman & Brothers revoked 23-Mar-2019
- MCC Jinnah International Airport reshuffles PAs, AOs 23-Mar-2019
- Domino’s Pizza first restaurant in Bangladesh breaks all sales records 23-Mar-2019
- Indian Clearing Corporation Limited recognized by Bank of England 23-Mar-2019
- Pakistan’s equities gain 0.6 percent 23-Mar-2019
- Increasing exports; surgical instruments industry urged to comply with the regulations of European Union 23-Mar-2019
- SECP holds session on AML/CFT obligations for NPOs and intermediaries 23-Mar-2019
- Customs seek time in suits by importers of solar LED’s 22-Mar-2019