KARACHI: MCC Appraisement East has lodged an FIR against M/s Sagheer Enterprises for misdeclaring description and quantity of imported goods, also importing banned items and evading government revenue.
According to details of the case, M/s Sagheer Enterprises imported a consignment from Jebel Ali declared to be used auto spare parts.
Information was received from collector Appraisement East Saeed Akram that electronics as well as banned items would be cleared through mis-declaration. R&D team headed by Deputy Collector Talha hussain, Principal Appraiser Dost Mohammad, Appraising Officers Ashfaq-ur-Rehman, Javed Hussain, SPO Malak Hashim, Adil Rasheed examined the consignments, which was found to be LED TVs, auto parts, banned items such as used and new portable ACs etc.
Customs authorities established that M/s Sagheer Enterprises with associates Rehmatullah and Mohammad Shareef willfully misdeclared description and quantity of the imported goods to hoodwink government revenue and clear banned items.
An FIR has been registered against the accused and arrested Mohammad Shareef. Investigations are under way.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- SHC to decide whether letter of Ministry or Rule is superior 22-Oct-2019
- CEO of Arabtec Construction resigns 22-Oct-2019
- SHC restrains customs from arrest, harassing alleged financier 21-Oct-2019
- SHC stays Sales Tax recovery notice by Adjudication Collectorate Karachi 21-Oct-2019
- SBS Distribution Celebrates 10 years of Excellence & Launches New IT & Data Center Product Portfolio for Pakistan Market 21-Oct-2019
- Customs Intelligence lodges 4 more FIRS against steel importers 21-Oct-2019
- Imran Khan moving in the right direction despite facing grave challenges 21-Oct-2019
- SHC stays recovery of service charges by SRB in petition by NTDC 19-Oct-2019
- SHC restrains customs from arresting alleged financier of unclaimed consignment 19-Oct-2019
- Pakistan seeks more collaborations with global financial institutions 19-Oct-2019