KARACHI: MCC Quetta in its on going anti smuggling drive has seized 2800 KG betel nuts by raiding two Karachi bound passenger trains in Dera Murad Jamali and Mach areas, which takes total betel nut seized to 10,741 kgs.
MCC Quetta under the supervision of Collector Custom Quetta Ashraf Ali and his energetic anti smuggling team creating hurdles before these unscrupulous element who now are using train for this dirty purpose. After concrete information Collector directed additional collector Zubair Shah and Maqbool Baloch DC preventive to keep strict vigilance especially the passengers train.
Moreover, two coaches carrying 7841 KG smuggled betel nuts and auto parts etc have been seized by Noshki and Dalbandin Check Posts.
Total Market value of these seized goods is more than Rs 40 millions. According to health experts chewing betel nut produces a stimulant response, that in low doses, is similar to caffeine or nicotine like effects including elevated heart rate,high blood pressure, dilated pupils, anxiety,insomina and cardiac arrythemia, mouth ,esophagus and prostate cancer in high doses.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- ASO Preventive Karachi seizes smuggled goods worth Rs98.55 million 21-Nov-2019
- SHC to hear contempt application against DG I&I on Nov 28 21-Nov-2019
- SHC decline petition challenging issuance of Show Cause Notice 21-Nov-2019
- Innovative handling on Port Qasim despite high coal imports 21-Nov-2019
- Ian Tordoff appointed Chief Executive Officer of Block Commodities 21-Nov-2019
- Ontario Inc to acquire Ragnar Metals’ Gaddebo tenement 21-Nov-2019
- DOF Subsea awarded contracts in New Zealand and Asia 21-Nov-2019
- Noni B to acquire a 50.1% equity interest in EziBuy Limited 21-Nov-2019
- Syncona leads £32 million financing in Azeria 21-Nov-2019
- Etalon Group Named one of Russia’s Top-50 Employers 21-Nov-2019