KARACHI: Anti Smuggling Organization (ASO), of MCC Hyderabad has lodged an FIR against one Shahzad and other persons for smuggling High Speed Diesel (HSD) approximately 18,000 liters housed in Hino Truck worth millions of rupees.
According to details, Inspector Khair Muhammad of ASO had prior information that High Speed Diesel (HSD) of Irani origin was being transported through LPG browser from Hub towards Interior Sindh. Rapidly responding to this information the ASO team started patrolling on Super Highway in search of the said vehicle where the vehicle was intercepted, at a hotel on highway.
It is pertinent to mention that the prime mover of the vehicle was searched, which led to the recovery of fitness certificate, certificate of Insurance and Dispatch Advice issued by M/s Admore Gas (Pvt) Ltd. After thorough examination of the vehicle, it was found that a small hole measuring 4 x 4 (Inch) was available on the roof of the said vehicle and that hole was used for the purpose of filling/un-loading HSD.
Moreover, the seizing agency remarked that the foreign origin HSD came into the country through illegitimate channels by means of LPG browser without payment of duty and taxes after which the seized vehicle and HSD has been deposited in the State Warehouse, MCC Hyderabad. Further investigations are underway to arrest the accused persons.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- MCC JIAP foils bid to smuggle medicine 24-Jul-2019
- SHC issue notices in petition by Mobile phone part importers 23-Jul-2019
- Transaction in ‘good faith’ not to entail any action: Sales Tax amendment excludes transaction below PKR 50,000 from new law 23-Jul-2019
- SHC issue notices in petitions by importers of agro-chemicals 22-Jul-2019
- Thai companies form joint venture for production of gas stoves and shoes 22-Jul-2019
- KCCI appreciates exemption of withholding tax to yarn traders 22-Jul-2019
- ABAD urges government to take action against cement, steel cartels 22-Jul-2019
- FBR chairman asks banks to collect details of benami accounts themselves 22-Jul-2019
- Businessmen and women thronged to Top Thai Brands Expo 21-Jul-2019
- State Bank revising selected chapters of foreign exchange manual 20-Jul-2019