KARACHI: Anti Smuggling Organization (ASO), of MCC Hyderabad has lodged an FIR against one Shahzad and other persons for smuggling High Speed Diesel (HSD) approximately 18,000 liters housed in Hino Truck worth millions of rupees.
According to details, Inspector Khair Muhammad of ASO had prior information that High Speed Diesel (HSD) of Irani origin was being transported through LPG browser from Hub towards Interior Sindh. Rapidly responding to this information the ASO team started patrolling on Super Highway in search of the said vehicle where the vehicle was intercepted, at a hotel on highway.
It is pertinent to mention that the prime mover of the vehicle was searched, which led to the recovery of fitness certificate, certificate of Insurance and Dispatch Advice issued by M/s Admore Gas (Pvt) Ltd. After thorough examination of the vehicle, it was found that a small hole measuring 4 x 4 (Inch) was available on the roof of the said vehicle and that hole was used for the purpose of filling/un-loading HSD.
Moreover, the seizing agency remarked that the foreign origin HSD came into the country through illegitimate channels by means of LPG browser without payment of duty and taxes after which the seized vehicle and HSD has been deposited in the State Warehouse, MCC Hyderabad. Further investigations are underway to arrest the accused persons.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- China, German promise closer financial cooperation 18-Jan-2019
- Oil climbs 1% on OPEC output cut, but US production robust 18-Jan-2019
- Facebook Ex-employee Criticises Social Media Giant For Lack of Diversity And Harassment 18-Jan-2019
- Mortgage rates stand pat as federal shutdown creates uncertainty about economy 18-Jan-2019
- Home Depot Stock Trades Lower on JPMorgan Price Cut 18-Jan-2019
- Flag hoisting at Custom House Karachi on January 26 18-Jan-2019
- Motor Dealers Association demands to allow commercial import of cars 18-Jan-2019
- NTDC, K-Electric caused loss of Rs451.7 million in 2016-17: Nepra 18-Jan-2019
- Federal Tax Ombudsman disposes off over 30,000 tax cases 18-Jan-2019
- K-Electric Board elects Ikram Sehgal as new Chairman 18-Jan-2019