KARACHI: Anti Smuggling Organization (ASO), of MCC Hyderabad has lodged an FIR against one Shahzad and other persons for smuggling High Speed Diesel (HSD) approximately 18,000 liters housed in Hino Truck worth millions of rupees.
According to details, Inspector Khair Muhammad of ASO had prior information that High Speed Diesel (HSD) of Irani origin was being transported through LPG browser from Hub towards Interior Sindh. Rapidly responding to this information the ASO team started patrolling on Super Highway in search of the said vehicle where the vehicle was intercepted, at a hotel on highway.
It is pertinent to mention that the prime mover of the vehicle was searched, which led to the recovery of fitness certificate, certificate of Insurance and Dispatch Advice issued by M/s Admore Gas (Pvt) Ltd. After thorough examination of the vehicle, it was found that a small hole measuring 4 x 4 (Inch) was available on the roof of the said vehicle and that hole was used for the purpose of filling/un-loading HSD.
Moreover, the seizing agency remarked that the foreign origin HSD came into the country through illegitimate channels by means of LPG browser without payment of duty and taxes after which the seized vehicle and HSD has been deposited in the State Warehouse, MCC Hyderabad. Further investigations are underway to arrest the accused persons.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- PTCL & Ministry of Climate Change collaborate for a Green Pakistan 26-Mar-2019
- Reon announces 10 MW solar project at Bhit 26-Mar-2019
- Engro Vopak supports Hunar Foundation by Empowering the Women of Pakistan 26-Mar-2019
- Karandaaz Pakistan Launches a Portal on Financial Services Indicators for Pakistan 26-Mar-2019
- Network International and Mastercard to form strategic partnership to accelerate digital payments growth 26-Mar-2019
- Grafenia Plc acquires Artichoke Design Limited 26-Mar-2019
- DeClout Limited acquires Dhost for S$286,000 26-Mar-2019
- Wesfarmers Limited plans to acquire Lynas Corporation 26-Mar-2019
- Oxford Biomedica notes Japanese approval of Kymriah, the first CAR-T cell therapy 26-Mar-2019
- BLS International enters ‘Fortune India’s Next 500’ 26-Mar-2019