KARACHI: Pakistan Customs Drug Enforcement Cell, Jinnah International Airport Unit on Friday recovered and seized 6 Kg Heroin powder from an abandoned hand bag.
According to details, the Customs Drug Enforcement Cell’s staff, in pursuance of credible information, intercepted an abandoned hand bag at Customs Mis-Handled Baggage Section, Jinnah International Airport Karachi. As per tags attached to it, the hand bag had lastly arrived from Muscat by PIA Flight PK-226 as “unclaimed”.
Having intercepted, the bag was examined which led to the recovery of two packets containing Heroin that were secretly kept in bottom of the hand bag under personal clothing. The Heroin powder upon weighment was found to be 6 Kg.
Consequent upon recovery & seizure of contraband heroin, a prosecution case under Control of Narcotics Substances Act, 1997 has been registered. Efforts are afoot to apprehend the Mafia involved in the offense.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- AM Best revises outlooks to negative for Farmers Mutual Fire Insurance Company 12-Nov-2019
- S&P upgrades Centene Corp by one notch to reflect its improved stand-alone credit quality 12-Nov-2019
- Overseas Pakistani workers remit $7.478 billion in four months 12-Nov-2019
- NAB Karachi arrests Haji Adam Jokhio 12-Nov-2019
- Locally assembles passenger car sales decline 56pc in October 2019 12-Nov-2019
- PIA to open its office at KCCI premises 12-Nov-2019
- SHC stays auction in petition by Hikmat Traders Notice of Contempt of Court issued to Collector, ADC, AC, Principal Appraiser PMBQ for Nov 14 12-Nov-2019
- SECP approves Growth Enterprise Market listing regulations 12-Nov-2019
- Lifenet Insurance launches Jibun 3 and Jibun 3 for Women 12-Nov-2019
- MODEC, Mitsui, MOL and Marubeni to proceed with the deepwater FPSO charter project in Brazil 12-Nov-2019