KARACHI: Pakistan Customs Drug Enforcement Cell – DEC, Karachi Airport Unit on Saturday recovered and seized 700 grams heroin powder concealed in trolley bags and laptop of a passenger.
According to details, Customs DEC staff intercepted a Pakistani passenger Khawar Sardar at the International Departure Hall of the Jinnah International Airport, Karachi prior to his boarding Sri Lankan airlines Flight UL-184 for Colombo. When the passengers did not furnish satisfactory replies to Customs questioning, his baggage was thoroughly examined which led to the recovery of 700 grams fine quality Heroin that was artfully concealed in trolley bags and a laptop that were being carried by the passenger. During preliminary inquiries the accused passenger disclosed that he was basically a rickshaw driver who switched over to drug trafficking for quick financial gain.
Consequent upon recovery and seizure of contraband narcotics, the accused passenger has been arrested and a prosecution case under Control of Narcotics Substances Act, 1997 has been registered against him. Further investigations are in progress.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- AM Best revises outlooks to negative for Farmers Mutual Fire Insurance Company 12-Nov-2019
- S&P upgrades Centene Corp by one notch to reflect its improved stand-alone credit quality 12-Nov-2019
- Overseas Pakistani workers remit $7.478 billion in four months 12-Nov-2019
- NAB Karachi arrests Haji Adam Jokhio 12-Nov-2019
- Locally assembles passenger car sales decline 56pc in October 2019 12-Nov-2019
- PIA to open its office at KCCI premises 12-Nov-2019
- SHC stays auction in petition by Hikmat Traders Notice of Contempt of Court issued to Collector, ADC, AC, Principal Appraiser PMBQ for Nov 14 12-Nov-2019
- SECP approves Growth Enterprise Market listing regulations 12-Nov-2019
- Lifenet Insurance launches Jibun 3 and Jibun 3 for Women 12-Nov-2019
- MODEC, Mitsui, MOL and Marubeni to proceed with the deepwater FPSO charter project in Brazil 12-Nov-2019