KARACHI: The Anti Smuggling Organization (ASO) of Customs Collectorate of Preventive raided a private warehouse near Port Qasim in Quaidabad and recovered a NATO container of reverse cargo.
The raiding party reached the warehouse owned by one Capt. Ghulam Mustafa of M/s Water Link company and arrested three persons who had already broken the seal of the container and were trying to break the door. The trailer also belonged to the same company while the officials also recovered two other empty NATO containers.
The Customs staff did not open the container till the filing of this report and the contents of the container are still unknown. However, it is feared that the NATO container might be filled with arms and ammunition which could be used for heinous crimes.
Chief Collector Enforcement Mohammad Yahya and Collector Preventive Tariq Huda monitored the operation and remained in contact with the raiding party headed by Assistant Collector Wasif Malik.
The ASO had been preparing for these operations for past week and more raids are in line and more recoveries are anticipated.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Revenue Division constitutes Steering Committee for restructuring of FBR 15-Nov-2019
- Customs Quetta comes hard on smuggling 15-Nov-2019
- Transit cargo replacement: Director of M/s E-Movers arrested 15-Nov-2019
- SHC to see whether its orders complied or else Petition by fabric importers 15-Nov-2019
- SHC orders provisional release of Pajero jeep 15-Nov-2019
- Adamas completes share sale and purchase agreement with Infinity Capital Group 15-Nov-2019
- Customs Intelligence Quetta seizes 89,000 liters of smuggled diesel 15-Nov-2019
- Middle Island seeks 10 exploration licenses in the northern territory 15-Nov-2019
- Hydrix signs $5 million loan facility with Pure Asset Management 15-Nov-2019
- Tokai Tokyo to invest $5.0 million in Singapore’s STO exchange operator ICHX 14-Nov-2019