KARACHI: Model Customs Collectorate of PaCCS has issued recovery notices amounting about Rs350 million to tiles importers, who defrauded the government functionaries by presenting bogus financial instruments. The collectorate has issued warning to around 80 importer of tiles for the payment of Rs350 million, in other cases the customs authorities would take harsh measures under Customs Act, 1969. Officials said that the authorities initiated recovery drive after a meeting of chairman of the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) with the customs officials held in October 15. The recovery from tiles importers was due for a long time despite frequent pursuant of customs officials in the case. The officials said that the recovery was over one billion rupees, however, after payment and adjustment by the importers the remaining amount was stood about Rs500 million. Recently, with the efforts of the PaCCS collectorate the authorities managed to recover Rs150 million, however, an amount of Rs350 million was stilly laying pending with the importers. According to details the tiles importers had presented banking instruments against their liabilities and on failing to pay the exchequer, the authorities resorted to encash the instruments. However, the cheques provided by the importers were found bogus or having insufficient balance. The customs authorities moved the court against the offence and prayed for recovery of government dues. The court decided the case in favor of FBR and ordered recovery from the importers. Pakistan Customs has planned a recovery of Rs2.4 billion during second quarter of the current fiscal year through administrative measures. According to details Model Customs Collectorate (MCC), Appraisement, Karachi would recover Rs500 million during October – December, 2012. The target of recovery by other collectorates included: MCC PaCCS Karachi, Rs230 million; MCC Appraisement Lahore, Rs125 million; MCC Islamabad, Rs250 million; MCC Sambrial, Rs66 million; MCC Port Qasim, Rs200 million; MCC Preventive Karachi, Rs100 million; MCC Quetta, Rs50 million; MCC Multan, Rs500 million; MCC Preventive Lahore, Rs200 million; MCC Peshwar, Rs100 million; MCC Faisalabad, Rs50 million; and MCC Hyderabad Rs50 million.
MCC PaCCS issues recovery notices worth Rs350 million to tile importers
Bookmark the permalink.
- GASCADE choses Smartoptics for multiservice Data Center Interconnect 28-Oct-2021OSLO, NORWAY: Smartoptics Group, a leading provider of optical networking solutions, announced that German gas transport company GASCADE Gastransport GmbH,... Continue reading The post GASCADE choses Smartoptics for multiservice Data Center Interconnect appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- TotalEnergies spending €200mn to equip highway stations with EV charging 28-Oct-2021PARIS, FRANCE: TotalEnergies will allocate up to €200 million over a year to equip more than 150 of its motorway... Continue reading The post TotalEnergies spending €200mn to equip highway stations with EV charging appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Personal Data Tops List of Concerns for Brits 28-Oct-2021A new study shows British people (Brits) now rank personal data as their most important asset to protect from everyday... Continue reading The post Personal Data Tops List of Concerns for Brits appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Shell announces absolute emissions reduction target of 50% by 2030 28-Oct-2021AMSTERDAM: Royal Dutch Shell announced an absolute emissions reduction target of 50% by 2030, compared to 2016 levels on a... Continue reading The post Shell announces absolute emissions reduction target of 50% by 2030 appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- Chariot Limited signs MoU to unlock Anchois Gas Development 28-Oct-2021LONDON, UK: Chariot Limited, the Africa focused transitional energy company, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with a leading... Continue reading The post Chariot Limited signs MoU to unlock Anchois Gas Development appeared first on NewsnReleases.
- GASCADE choses Smartoptics for multiservice Data Center Interconnect 28-Oct-2021
- foodpanda partners with Naheed deliver groceries and essential items in Karachi 28-Oct-2021
- Lucky Cement Limited Awarded MAP’s Corporate Excellence Award 28-Oct-2021
- ONO-HUGE AMOUNT DEPOSITION ORDERED 28-Oct-2021
- ’میرا پاکستان میرا گھر‘ کے تحت فنانسنگ کی درخواستیں 200 ارب روپے سے تجاوز کرگئیں بینک منظوری کی رفتار بڑھائیں جو78ارب روپے تک پہنچ چکی ہے: گورنر اسٹیٹ بینک 28-Oct-2021
- SHC DISPOSED OFF PETITIONS INVOLVING RECOVERY OF RUPEES 30 BILLION 27-Oct-2021