KARACHI: MCC Preventive Lahore conducted a raid at Hall Road Market and recovered large quantity of illegally imported DTH Equipment and Dish Satellite Receivers worth Rs17 million.
In compliance with directions of the Supreme Court of Pakistan, MCC Preventive Lahore launched a massive crackdown against illegal DTH equipment, Dish Satellite Receivers in different cities falling in the jurisdiction of MCC Preventive Lahore.
In continuation of this policy, on receipt of a tip-off, after obtaining search warrant from the Court of Judicial Magistrate, a raid was conducted at a dumping place situated at Hall Road Market Lahore.
The raid resulted in recovery of huge quantity of non duty paid smuggled DTH equipment, Dish Satellite Receivers. During the proceedings of raid, the members of the Association of Hall Road Market extended full cooperation and support to the staff of Customs in respect of search and recovery of such DTH equipment.
Authorities recovered large quantity of DTH equipment and ancillary items of assorted brands valuing approximately Rs17 million.
A case has been registered against smugglers and further investigations are under way.
The aiding team included Deputy Superintendent Mazhar Abbas, Inspectors Nasir Saeed, Sajjad Bukhari, Abdul Rehman Butt, Shahid Bhatti, Saeed Randhawa, Zafar Iqbal, Tariq Baig, Anjum Sheraz, Javed Butt, Waheed Bhatti and several sepoys.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Customs Intelligence Multan seizes smuggled betel nut 24-May-2019
- Customs Intelligence Lahore recovers smuggled auto parts worth Rs70 million 24-May-2019
- PIA and Askari Bank launching co-branded credit card 24-May-2019
- Customs submits delay detention certificate in Sahara case 24-May-2019
- SHC restrains Pakistan Customs from coercive action against Shahzad Industries FIR’s lodged sitting at office 24-May-2019
- CapitaLand steps up capital management in China through funds platform 24-May-2019
- Tony Narvaez appointed Managing Director of AusNet Services 24-May-2019
- SGX welcomes Eagle Hospitality Trust to Mainboard 24-May-2019
- Global Ports Holding wins bid to acquire Goulette Shipping Cruise 24-May-2019
- 59 WTO partners step up commitments to help service suppliers 24-May-2019