KARACHI: MCC Preventive Lahore conducted a raid at Hall Road Market and recovered large quantity of illegally imported DTH Equipment and Dish Satellite Receivers worth Rs17 million.
In compliance with directions of the Supreme Court of Pakistan, MCC Preventive Lahore launched a massive crackdown against illegal DTH equipment, Dish Satellite Receivers in different cities falling in the jurisdiction of MCC Preventive Lahore.
In continuation of this policy, on receipt of a tip-off, after obtaining search warrant from the Court of Judicial Magistrate, a raid was conducted at a dumping place situated at Hall Road Market Lahore.
The raid resulted in recovery of huge quantity of non duty paid smuggled DTH equipment, Dish Satellite Receivers. During the proceedings of raid, the members of the Association of Hall Road Market extended full cooperation and support to the staff of Customs in respect of search and recovery of such DTH equipment.
Authorities recovered large quantity of DTH equipment and ancillary items of assorted brands valuing approximately Rs17 million.
A case has been registered against smugglers and further investigations are under way.
The aiding team included Deputy Superintendent Mazhar Abbas, Inspectors Nasir Saeed, Sajjad Bukhari, Abdul Rehman Butt, Shahid Bhatti, Saeed Randhawa, Zafar Iqbal, Tariq Baig, Anjum Sheraz, Javed Butt, Waheed Bhatti and several sepoys.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Foreign investment in Pakistan dropped 75pc in seven months 18-Feb-2019
- Saudi crown prince pledges $20bn investment for Pakistan 18-Feb-2019
- Land acquired for country’s second shipyard in Gwadar 18-Feb-2019
- ‘Pakistan will be a very important country in coming future,’ says Saudi crown prince 18-Feb-2019
- Flawed foreign policy leading country to isolation: Fazl 18-Feb-2019
- Pakistan Customs implement measures to plug all revenue leakage loopholes 18-Feb-2019
- Saudi investment highly significant for Pakistan’s economic growth: Dawood 18-Feb-2019
- MCC Appraisement West redistribute work among deputy/assistant collectors 18-Feb-2019
- Inaugural session of Saudi-Pakistan Supreme Coordination Council held 18-Feb-2019
- ACWA Power to invest $4.0bn in Pakistan’s renewable energy sector 18-Feb-2019