KARACHI: The Canadian government has imposed anti-dumping duty on imports of Circular Welded Steel Pipe (CWSP) from Pakistan up to 58 percent.
On July 20, 2018, the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT) commenced a preliminary injury and dumping inquiry against the import of Circular Welded Steel Pipe (CWSP) in the Canadian market from Pakistan, the Philippines, Turkey and Vietnam.
Subsequently on October 18, 2018, the CBSA announced its preliminary determination on margin of dumping on imports of CWSP from Pakistan and International Industries Limited (IIL).
The provisional duty was imposed at 10.1 percent for International Industries Limited (IIL) and 58 percent for other exporters in Pakistan, the said provisional dumping margin is levied until the final determination is made by CBSA which is due in January 2019.
“Despite this, there is no financial exposure to IlL for any of our exports to date to Canada. Although our sales to Canada continue for the time being, there may be a slowdown in sales depending to the final injury findings issued by CITT in February 2019,” International Industries said in a notice of Pakistan Stock Exchange.
International Industries have engaged experienced legal counsel both in Pakistan and in Canada to aggressively contest the said inquiries initiated by CBSA & CITT and are confident of a positive outcome.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Petitions about Regulatory Duty adjourned till Feb 07 17-Jan-2019
- SHC restrains Commissioner Inland revenue from adverse order against Ali Computers 17-Jan-2019
- GIDC issue be resolved in consultation with FPCCI 17-Jan-2019
- Pakistan expects good news from Exxon Mobil’s deep-sea drilling in Kekra-I by April 16-Jan-2019
- Asad Umar chairs meeting on Pak-Turkey Economic Framework 16-Jan-2019
- Gulf Kingdom Urges ‘Fair’ Energy Transition, Defends Oil 16-Jan-2019
- PVC margins at 7-year high 16-Jan-2019
- TCS and 1LINK collaborate for Biller Initiator Model 16-Jan-2019
- Electricity generation remains flat in December 16-Jan-2019
- Qatar expresses interest in CPEC, investment in Gwadar 16-Jan-2019