KARACHI: Directorate of Customs Intelligence and Investigation, Karachi made a seizure report regarding seizure of large quantity of smuggled goods including chewing tobacco and cigarettes from a warehouse near City Courts, Karachi.
In the incident report, Directorate along with the details of raid and seizure mentioned that www.customnews.pk ran story about this raid. The incident has falsely claimed that www.customnews.pk ran the story that private persons were dressed in uniforms carrying official weapons.
It is clarified that customnews.pk did not run any such story, which allegedly was carried by certain other media outlets.
However, www.customnews.pk is in possession of material evidence, which suggests that civilians accompanied the raiding staff of Directorate of Customs Intelligence and Investigation Karachi.
It may be mentioned here that www.customnews.pk ran a number of stories about a year ago reporting that officials of the Directorate used private persons for raids. These civilians used official vehicles and weapons. In fact the officials of Directorate were patronising the smugglers and such raids conducted for face saving performance and at times to pressurise and harass importers and traders.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Petitions about Regulatory Duty adjourned till Feb 07 17-Jan-2019
- SHC restrains Commissioner Inland revenue from adverse order against Ali Computers 17-Jan-2019
- GIDC issue be resolved in consultation with FPCCI 17-Jan-2019
- Pakistan expects good news from Exxon Mobil’s deep-sea drilling in Kekra-I by April 16-Jan-2019
- Asad Umar chairs meeting on Pak-Turkey Economic Framework 16-Jan-2019
- Gulf Kingdom Urges ‘Fair’ Energy Transition, Defends Oil 16-Jan-2019
- PVC margins at 7-year high 16-Jan-2019
- TCS and 1LINK collaborate for Biller Initiator Model 16-Jan-2019
- Electricity generation remains flat in December 16-Jan-2019
- Qatar expresses interest in CPEC, investment in Gwadar 16-Jan-2019