KARACHI: Directorate of Customs Intelligence and Investigation Peshawar has unearthed evasion of duty and taxes to the tune of around a billion rupees.
Director Peshawar Arsalan Subuctageen formed a special team of field intelligence unit Mardan to inquire into the import and export record of M/s 04 Brothers at Export Processing Zone Risalpur.
During the scrutiny of the record, it transpired that the installed machines are mostly non-operative and the subject unit is involved in evasion of duty and taxes worth billion of rupees by way of disposing unprocessed goods at the local market.
The raw material including expensive ink of various types, printing plates, dyes, chemicals and paper etc., was imported for printing of Holy Quran, religious and other books and its value was Rs.801 million, while the evasion of duty/taxes in this case comes to Rs.423 million.
A contravention report was made and sent to Collector Adjudication Islamabad for Adjudication.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Engro Corporation announces PKR 7.5 billion investment in telecom infrastructure sector 26-Apr-2019
- Appellate Tribunal resorts to harassment and threatening Customs officials 26-Apr-2019
- Engro Corporation announces launch in telecom infrastructure sector following Q1 results 26-Apr-2019
- Dispute between FBR and SRB burdening textile contract manufacturers with double taxation 26-Apr-2019
- AM Best revises outlooks to positive for Kentucky Growers Insurance Company 26-Apr-2019
- AM Best revises outlooks to positive for NLV Financial Corporation and its insurance subsidiaries 26-Apr-2019
- Bank Al Habib’s earnings remain flat in Q1 2019 25-Apr-2019
- Shanghai Electric signs MOU with Saudi’s ACWA Power to co-develop global solar projects 25-Apr-2019
- Health, safety, environment laws available but enforcement too weak 25-Apr-2019
- K-Electric launches mobile app, web portal for customers 25-Apr-2019