KARACHI: MCC Preventive Karachi on the directives of Collector Dr. Iftikhar is observing a rigorous anti-smuggling drive and has foiled several attempts to transport smuggled goods in the last few days.
ASO MCC (Preventive), Karachi detained one Container No KKFU7618447 from Kathor near Superhighway Choke Point, containing Undyed Polyester Greige cloth 82 Bales/ Bundles 6,888 kgs worth Rs. 4,270,560/ and 12,055 kgs assorted polyester fabric worth Rs. 7,474,100/- along with Trawler bearing registration No TLF548 worth Rs 4000,000 and container Rs 500,000.
In another attempt ASO seized 140 Jute bags of betel nuts 14000 kgs along with one Hino Highwal Truck bearing registration NoTKD957 from Superhigh way area. The value of betel nuts is to the tune of Rs 347,2000 and value of Truck Rs. 3000,000.
ASO staff also recovered 1.5 Kgs Charas worth Rs. 150,000 from a passenger at Moachko Choke Point. ASO also detained one Toyota Land Cruiser Prado bearing Reg No E 1132, pending production of documents and verification thereof.
Total value of smuggled goods excluding conveyance n container in all the aforesaid cases is to the tune of Rs. 16.7 million.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- PSO reports profit after tax of Rs. 4.2 billion in 1H FY19 18-Feb-2019
- Foreign investment in Pakistan dropped 75pc in seven months 18-Feb-2019
- Saudi crown prince pledges $20bn investment for Pakistan 18-Feb-2019
- Land acquired for country’s second shipyard in Gwadar 18-Feb-2019
- ‘Pakistan will be a very important country in coming future,’ says Saudi crown prince 18-Feb-2019
- Flawed foreign policy leading country to isolation: Fazl 18-Feb-2019
- Pakistan Customs implement measures to plug all revenue leakage loopholes 18-Feb-2019
- Saudi investment highly significant for Pakistan’s economic growth: Dawood 18-Feb-2019
- MCC Appraisement West redistribute work among deputy/assistant collectors 18-Feb-2019
- Inaugural session of Saudi-Pakistan Supreme Coordination Council held 18-Feb-2019