KARACHI: Chief Collector Appraisement South Abdul Rasheed Sheikh stopped clearance of of EPZ consignments being processed through MCC Appraisement East, MCC Appraisement West and MCC Port Qasim on July 27, 2018.
Consignments that re imported destined for EPZ are processed a Transshipment Permit (TP). The terminal operators have been advised to ground these consignments for examination. Examination would be conducted on Monday, and then these consignments will be cleared for EPZ.
R&D of the three collectorates and examination staff will examine the goods. Sources said Chief Collector has received information that contrabands such as acetic annhydride and Efiderine etc are being cleared through EPZ.
EPZ consignments are cleared without examination as per the Standing Order in 1984. Although the dynamics have changed to a large extent but the clearance and processing of EPZ consignments were being processed as per the obsolete Standing Order in 1984.
Sources said there had been cases wherein EPZ consignments were being moved without MCC Preventive escorts.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- SMEs all set to put up industries in Sindh on fast track 23-Feb-2019
- Minister of State for Revenue Hammad Azhar launches Tax Directory 2017 23-Feb-2019
- Boursa Kuwait promotes capital market literacy among university students 23-Feb-2019
- Burj Wind Energy gets tariff for its Thatta plant 23-Feb-2019
- Middle East Paper Co. renew credit facilities with several banks 23-Feb-2019
- Pakistan’s equities decline 1.2 percent in a week 23-Feb-2019
- ASO Preventive Karachi seizes smuggled goods worth Rs14.8 million 23-Feb-2019
- FATF advises Pakistan to do more 22-Feb-2019
- Pakistan Shipping Corp gets goverment’s nod to buy two more vessels 22-Feb-2019
- Rail Road Can Address Hazardous Dumping of Coal in Karachi 22-Feb-2019