KARACHI: Chief Collector Appraisement South Abdul Rasheed Sheikh stopped clearance of of EPZ consignments being processed through MCC Appraisement East, MCC Appraisement West and MCC Port Qasim on July 27, 2018.
Consignments that re imported destined for EPZ are processed a Transshipment Permit (TP). The terminal operators have been advised to ground these consignments for examination. Examination would be conducted on Monday, and then these consignments will be cleared for EPZ.
R&D of the three collectorates and examination staff will examine the goods. Sources said Chief Collector has received information that contrabands such as acetic annhydride and Efiderine etc are being cleared through EPZ.
EPZ consignments are cleared without examination as per the Standing Order in 1984. Although the dynamics have changed to a large extent but the clearance and processing of EPZ consignments were being processed as per the obsolete Standing Order in 1984.
Sources said there had been cases wherein EPZ consignments were being moved without MCC Preventive escorts.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Pakistan’s current account deficit narrows 29 percent in 11 months 20-Jun-2019
- ECC approves tax relief on import of ships 20-Jun-2019
- FPCCI to protest, strike if reservations on Finance Bill not addressed 19-Jun-2019
- Faisal Anis appointed executive committee member on GPC 19-Jun-2019
- KCCI terms requirement of CNIC detrimental to economic activities 19-Jun-2019
- SHC summons details of Prime Minister’s Yellow cab scheme 19-Jun-2019
- Petition by Steel Vision adjourned till June 26 19-Jun-2019
- NAB arrests Director SECP Zia Abbasi 19-Jun-2019
- Huawei founder says that the world relies on open collaboration for shared success 19-Jun-2019
- Exporters required uploading LC, bank registered contract with GD 19-Jun-2019