KARACHI: Customs Peshawar has foiled a bid to smuggle weapons into the country and arrested one person.
According to details, a truck loaded with vegetables was coming from Torkham, Afghanistan, which was stopped by the Customs staff and on examination the vehicle was found to be loaded with weapons and ammunition.
As many as 312 latest heavy automatic guns are made in Italy, Germany, China and Russia worth millions of rupees.
In view of information regarding terrorist activities in the country, Collector Saeed Jadoon has issued an alert to keep strict vigilance on the movement of goods from Afghanistan. Assistant Collector Sajid Ali Superintendent Javed Akhtar, Inspector Ikram and other staff conducted the operation.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Foreign currency buying selling rates 18-Jan-2019
- China, German promise closer financial cooperation 18-Jan-2019
- Oil climbs 1% on OPEC output cut, but US production robust 18-Jan-2019
- Facebook Ex-employee Criticises Social Media Giant For Lack of Diversity And Harassment 18-Jan-2019
- Mortgage rates stand pat as federal shutdown creates uncertainty about economy 18-Jan-2019
- Home Depot Stock Trades Lower on JPMorgan Price Cut 18-Jan-2019
- Flag hoisting at Custom House Karachi on January 26 18-Jan-2019
- Motor Dealers Association demands to allow commercial import of cars 18-Jan-2019
- NTDC, K-Electric caused loss of Rs451.7 million in 2016-17: Nepra 18-Jan-2019
- Federal Tax Ombudsman disposes off over 30,000 tax cases 18-Jan-2019