KARACHI: Customs Peshawar has foiled a bid to smuggle weapons into the country and arrested one person.
According to details, a truck loaded with vegetables was coming from Torkham, Afghanistan, which was stopped by the Customs staff and on examination the vehicle was found to be loaded with weapons and ammunition.
As many as 312 latest heavy automatic guns are made in Italy, Germany, China and Russia worth millions of rupees.
In view of information regarding terrorist activities in the country, Collector Saeed Jadoon has issued an alert to keep strict vigilance on the movement of goods from Afghanistan. Assistant Collector Sajid Ali Superintendent Javed Akhtar, Inspector Ikram and other staff conducted the operation.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Shell Tameer shaping the future of youth entrepreneurship in Pakistan 23-Apr-2019
- FPCCI advocates promotion of barter trade between Pakistan and Iran 23-Apr-2019
- Zong 4G partners with PTCL for network expansion in remote areas of Pakistan 23-Apr-2019
- Olam International submits binding offer to acquire Dangote Flour Mills in Nigeria 23-Apr-2019
- NIIT Technologies positioned ‘Leader’ in the overall market segment for RPA and AI in banking 23-Apr-2019
- Landmark deal puts Coca-Cola at the heart of entertainment industry in MENA 23-Apr-2019
- Maruti Suzuki launches New Alto 23-Apr-2019
- AOB survey: Audit staff most important for audit quality 23-Apr-2019
- Pak Suzuki posts loss in Q1 2019 23-Apr-2019
- Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited acquires Music Catalogue 23-Apr-2019