KARACHI: MCC Quetta in its on going anti smuggling drive has seized 2800 KG betel nuts by raiding two Karachi bound passenger trains in Dera Murad Jamali and Mach areas, which takes total betel nut seized to 10,741 kgs.
MCC Quetta under the supervision of Collector Custom Quetta Ashraf Ali and his energetic anti smuggling team creating hurdles before these unscrupulous element who now are using train for this dirty purpose. After concrete information Collector directed additional collector Zubair Shah and Maqbool Baloch DC preventive to keep strict vigilance especially the passengers train.
Moreover, two coaches carrying 7841 KG smuggled betel nuts and auto parts etc have been seized by Noshki and Dalbandin Check Posts.
Total Market value of these seized goods is more than Rs 40 millions. According to health experts chewing betel nut produces a stimulant response, that in low doses, is similar to caffeine or nicotine like effects including elevated heart rate,high blood pressure, dilated pupils, anxiety,insomina and cardiac arrythemia, mouth ,esophagus and prostate cancer in high doses.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Petitions about Regulatory Duty adjourned till Feb 07 17-Jan-2019
- SHC restrains Commissioner Inland revenue from adverse order against Ali Computers 17-Jan-2019
- GIDC issue be resolved in consultation with FPCCI 17-Jan-2019
- Pakistan expects good news from Exxon Mobil’s deep-sea drilling in Kekra-I by April 16-Jan-2019
- Asad Umar chairs meeting on Pak-Turkey Economic Framework 16-Jan-2019
- Gulf Kingdom Urges ‘Fair’ Energy Transition, Defends Oil 16-Jan-2019
- PVC margins at 7-year high 16-Jan-2019
- TCS and 1LINK collaborate for Biller Initiator Model 16-Jan-2019
- Electricity generation remains flat in December 16-Jan-2019
- Qatar expresses interest in CPEC, investment in Gwadar 16-Jan-2019