KARACHI: MCC Quetta in its on going anti smuggling drive has seized 2800 KG betel nuts by raiding two Karachi bound passenger trains in Dera Murad Jamali and Mach areas, which takes total betel nut seized to 10,741 kgs.
MCC Quetta under the supervision of Collector Custom Quetta Ashraf Ali and his energetic anti smuggling team creating hurdles before these unscrupulous element who now are using train for this dirty purpose. After concrete information Collector directed additional collector Zubair Shah and Maqbool Baloch DC preventive to keep strict vigilance especially the passengers train.
Moreover, two coaches carrying 7841 KG smuggled betel nuts and auto parts etc have been seized by Noshki and Dalbandin Check Posts.
Total Market value of these seized goods is more than Rs 40 millions. According to health experts chewing betel nut produces a stimulant response, that in low doses, is similar to caffeine or nicotine like effects including elevated heart rate,high blood pressure, dilated pupils, anxiety,insomina and cardiac arrythemia, mouth ,esophagus and prostate cancer in high doses.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Union Properties reappoints Al Ramz Capital as liquidity provider 19-May-2019
- Fixed tax regime to be eliminated gradually: Shabbar Zaidi 18-May-2019
- Accused in smuggling case gets bail 18-May-2019
- Chief Collector Customs, Collector Customs Appraisement, East, other put on contempt notice for May 21 18-May-2019
- Stock brokers propose over Rs20 billion state enterprise fund to support the bourse 18-May-2019
- Smuggled dry fruits recovered from the warehouse of a PTI Senator 17-May-2019
- SECP takes measures for capital market stability 17-May-2019
- Customs Intelligence Multan seizes goods worth Rs175 million 17-May-2019
- State Bank relaunches 8877 SMS service for issuance of fresh currency notes 17-May-2019
- Foreign currency buying selling rates 17-May-2019