SHC seeks additional affidavit from petitioner

KARACHI: An appellate bench of High Court of Sindh (SHC) comprising Justice Munib Akhtar and Justice Mrs Ashraf Jahan on Thursday asked a petitioner to file an additional affidavit disclosing that how he come to know that goods under auction were changed after the auction completed.

The bench was hearing a constitutional petition filed by Haji Muhammad through his counsel Ms Dil Khurram Shaheen advocate in which he maintains that he participated in an auction held by the Hyderabad collectorate in respect of a consignment of cigarettes. He deposited 25 per cent of the bid money and was asked to pay remaining 75 per cent and lift the auctioned goods.

Laterhe came to know that items have been changed at which he refused to take the delivery and demanded his bid money back. The custom authorities failed in deciding his application after which he moved the Federal Tax Ombudsman who ruled in favorof the applicant/petitioner but to no avail after which the instant petition was filed.

The bench today after hearing counsel for petitioner as well as department asked the petitioner about his basis or source of information that goods put to auction were changed. The counsel agreed to submit an additional affidavit as directed by the court after which the hearing was put off to an unspecified date.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed