KARACHI: The staff of MCC Peshawar posted at Torkham Station foiled and attempt to smuggle foreign currency out of the country and arrested an Afghan national identified as Tawab Khan.
Collector Peshawar Gul Rehman is keeping strict vigilance on the movement of Pakistani as well as Afghan nationals to and from Afghanistan. Resultantly, this is the second attempt, which has been foiled to smuggle foreign currency out of country in less than a week.
A sum of Euro 30,000 equivalent to Rs3.7 million was recovered from the possession of accused Tawab Khan. A case has been lodged an investigations are underway, Naeem Bukhari PRO Customs Peshawar informed.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Supreme Court dismisses petition by Education department sacked employees 18-Jul-2019
- FBR stops en-bloc transfers and postings 18-Jul-2019
- X5 opens new logistics centre in Russia’s north-west 18-Jul-2019
- Warehouses of Haji Sadiq raided, large quantity of smuggled goods recovered 18-Jul-2019
- Paladin welcomes US decision on uranium quotas 18-Jul-2019
- Novartis delivers strong sales, double digit income growth in 2nd quarter 18-Jul-2019
- WANdisco partners with Neudesic to migrate Hadoop analytical workloads to the cloud 18-Jul-2019
- IRENA and RES4Africa partner to accelerate renewables in Africa 18-Jul-2019
- ECC imposes ban on export of wheat, wheat flour 18-Jul-2019
- Huawei to invest around $100 million in Pakistan this year 18-Jul-2019