KARACHI: Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has issued notification to impose regulatory duty on import of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) at the rate of Rs4,669 per metric tons.
The FBR issued SRO 1241(I)/2017 to impose the regulatory duty. Through this SRO, the FBR also amended the SRO 1035(I)/2017 dated October 16, 2017 under which the government imposed regulatory duty on over 700 items.
To impose the regulatory duty on LPG was taken at a meeting of the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of the Cabinet held on November 28, 2017.
Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi chaired the said meeting and acceded to a proposal for levying of regulatory duty on import of LPG. The step would help maintaining parity with the locally produced LPG.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Bulgaria to facilitate Pakistan’s exports to Eastern Europe 21-May-2019
- Sadaf Yousuf appointed Judge Special Court Customs, Taxation and Anti-smuggling 21-May-2019
- Inland Revenue advised to sanction refund against provincial sales tax invoices 21-May-2019
- Searle announces acquisition of OBS Pakistan 21-May-2019
- British Airways to commence flight operations in Pakistan from June 3rd 21-May-2019
- DC East tenders second apology before SHC in a week SHC seeks compliance report in two days 21-May-2019
- Pakistan’s textile exports decline in April 2019 21-May-2019
- Thar Foundation holds 1st Tri-Lingual Spellathon in Tharparkar 21-May-2019
- IMImobile signs partnership agreement with Telia Norway for Enterprise CPaaS offering 21-May-2019
- Heejae Chae intends to step down as Group Chief Executive of Scapa Group 21-May-2019