KARACHI: Granting time to the counsel for Pakistan Customs, Hyderabad collectorate, a division bench of High Court of Sindh (SHC) of Sindh fixed Nov 13 to hear a case pertaining to detention of a vehicle converted from a transit mixture into a dumper truck.
The bench was hearing a constitution petition filed by Eastern Construction Company. Ms Dil Khurram Shaheen advocate appearing for the petitioner submitted that the vehicle in dispute was imported as per import policy order. She further submitted that Collector Hyderabad vacated show cause issued to the petitioner in view of judgment dated April 04, 2017 in an indentical petition by the instant petitioner.
The counsel appearing for the department opposed the plea for implementation of order passed by the Collectorate and said vehicle was detained lawfully as its import is violative of Import Policy Order.
He sought time to file documents and judgment. The bench allowing the request and granting time to respondent department adjourned further proceeding till Nov 13.
Al Doc PDF File/Link
- Court dismisses Abdullah’s petition against Superintendent SIU Dost Muhammad 16-Feb-2019
- DG Customs Intelligence Zahid Khokhar due in Karachi 16-Feb-2019
- Chinese delegation visits FPCCI 16-Feb-2019
- Pakistan liquefied natural gas (LNG) imports surge 75pc to $1.97 billion 16-Feb-2019
- Pakistan’s textile exports surge 8.16pc in January, overall export target to be missed 16-Feb-2019
- Pakistan to take another $1.4 bln loan to curb power sector arrears: report 16-Feb-2019
- Government raised gas prices on pressure of IMF: Minister 16-Feb-2019
- Russia trying to streamline banking links with Pakistan 16-Feb-2019
- Facebook Could Pay Multi-Billion Dollar Fine in FTC Settlement 16-Feb-2019
- Greece to Subsidize Mortgage Payments to Tackle Bad Loan Crisis 16-Feb-2019